News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Connecticut Ren Faire

Started by claymore, February 27, 2011, 08:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

claymore

The  2011 spring faire is a month away.It's time to start getting the garb ready and thinking about this first visit of the season.

laedyfaire

Bob of the Lake

I've never attended this faire before (a bit of a drive for me), but some familiar and favorite performers are scheduled so I'm really considering it this year. I have no doubt that I'd enjoy it--it's just the logistics involved! 
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

daniel paul

this will also be my 1st attendance of this faire. cant wait.

Merlin the Elder

Looks like quite a lineup!  I just saw Abby Green performing with EJ Jones at Sherwood. I didn't get to hear her sing, but she can definitely play!  I'd love to come up to see Chase Masterson, but that's just a guy thing...  :D

I hope you folks up there have a great faire!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lord Clisto of York

I have put this faire on my list as a possible for the Fall run of it, My brither and his family live in East Hartford, so, if airfare is reasonable then, I just may go. We shall see. But, due to performing elsewhere in Spring, I can't make the early one.

Lord Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

laedyfaire

This Robin Hood faire is a GREAT faire and perfect timing!!!!!
LF

claymore

Admission to this faire is reasonable. Oh I know the folks running the beer booths. They need a good mead , any sugestions? Long Island Meadery is awsome, but has no CT. license. We all hope to get some good mead. Huzzah!

laedyfaire

Chaucer's is always good....now you put me in the mood for it! :))

Lord Clisto of York

Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

theChuck

we're thinking of taking a drive up one weekend (from new york city). is there any one specific day that people go up?
The Renlist - find faires near you!

claymore

I can't wait, It will have to be opening day.

oignuc

I will be visiting at least 2 days this spring season . Sadly i was not able to attend as a vendor , i needed more time for set up, product , workers , etc.

Bob of the Lake

This will be my first visit to the Robin Hood Festival. For those of you who have been before, do they make a schedule of performances available (on the Web site, perhaps?) in advance of the season? I'll probably only make it for one day and I'd like to be able to see who's performing when and where so I don't miss my favorites!
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Bob of the Lake

Had the pleasure of attending the CT Renfaire Robin Hood Springtime Festival  in Guilford, CT on Saturday and had a grand time. Brought along my daughter and her boyfriend and they had a blast too.

For such a young fest (second year) I thought they had a great lineup of entertainment and vendors. Got to see a number of familiar faces from NYRF among the entertainers, and took in some new acts for the first time. Having the faire in April/May is also good because the larger faires in the area (NYRF, PARF, CTRF/Fall Harvest Faire, etc.) are in the summer/fall. It's a great way to get a faire-fix in the "off-season!"

To anyone who is on the fence about whether or not to visit this fest, I say, "don't think, just go!"  :)
            - Hammy the Squirrel