News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Higher Price?

Started by Meercat, February 27, 2011, 09:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meercat

So according to their website, St. Louis has raised its price. But there aren't any acts listed for this year, and I've heard that some of the big name acts haven't been asked back.

What's going on?

jcbanner

This is the first I've heard of it, but it's only a two dollar price increase.  The cost of running the event keeps getting higher, so the board of directors probably decided they would be unable to hold ticket prices as low as they have been.  coupons will still be availible though, they always have been and always will.

Not sure where you've heard that our big name acts haven't been asked back,  I've heard nothing of the sort.  But there is almost never information available about acts this soon.  The contracts sometimes are not all settled until a few weeks before the event, it always seems that nothing goes online until the full list is ready

Lady Renee Buchanan

We are hoping to come for the Sunday & Monday of the Memorial Day weekend, which we did a couple of years ago.  We want to again buy a Family Membership to the friends of faire, Les Amis de Lyon.  It gives 4 one-day admissions, plus a medallion each, a tee shirt each, & the FoF membership, with the benefit of water & gatorade (and private, CLEAN privvies!) for the weekend.  The price shows $70, which is only a couple of dollars more than the regular admission, but comes with so many perks.  We think it is definitely worth it!

One of the acts we enjoyed so much was Elvendrums.  I hope they are there again.  We also loved Three Pints Gone, and have enjoyed them at Bristol since then (Jesse Linder is a Bristol regular).

We will be traveling with friends, so if they decide not to buy the FoF membership, please advise about the coupons, the discount with them, and where to get them, so we can let them know.  Thanks!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Once Debauched

I must have missed the coupon on the site this year, BUT I did notice the Faire Memberships did not increase.

Last year was the first year I bought the Family Membership and I have to say it was well worth the money if for nothing else a shaded place to relax, light snacks and water!

I'll be purchasing my membership here shortly and hope to see everyone opening day!
IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot