News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Retirement

Started by BubbleWright, February 27, 2011, 11:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbleWright

I sent the following email to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire...

Dear Friends at Faire-

Thought I'd give you a heads up... The Bubble Wright is retiring. Yes, I know I've said this before, but this time it's for real. Making bubbles all day at Faire is too taxing on this old man. So, the Renaissance Bubble Machine is being donated to the NJ Renaissance Faire. TJ is most happy to receive it. I thought you might want to revive the Bubble Machine that was donated to the PaRenfaire and used by Will Knot for a few years. I know the patrons have come to expect seeing the Machine at the Gate before opening and around the Shire. Last year I had the machine at the Smithsonian Kite Festival (I created bubble machines originally to track the wind at kite festivals) and one family came up exclaiming "You're the guy from the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire". I will continue to visit the Faire as a mere patron. Thanks for letting me make bubbles at the Shire for the last 5 years.
.................... Felix Cartagena....... formerly known as "The Bubble Wright"
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Congrats on your retirement,altho I'm sure there will be many to miss you and your bubbles! Hope to see you again one day.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Lady Renee Buchanan

Congratulations on your retirement, and the ability to enjoy the faire as a patron.

Though Steve & I have never been to the PA RF & have never met you, we have enjoyed the pictures you sent us of making the bubbles.  I'm sure you will be greatly missed at the gate as "the man who makes bubbles," but it is very nice of you to pass your machine on so others can enjoy them.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

BubbleWright

Alas and alack, I'm only retiring from making bubbles as the Bubble Wright. Otherwise I'm still a working stiff !  :( :( :(
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

BubbleWright

I had a relapse !!! I was asked to bring the Renaissance Bubble Machine to the Tinkerer's Ball, an event being held in Baltimore this Friday for a Science Museum Conference  sponsored by the Exploratorium in San Francisco and The Maryland Science Center in the Inner Harbor. Of course, the NJ RenFaire was gracious enough to let me borrow the RBM back. Since the Machine will still be in my van, I will bring it to Faire on Saturday for the Bubble Wright's Last Blast on the Shire. Huzzah! Then it gets returned to the NJ RenFaire.
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Merlin the Elder

Should we call you Bubble "Brett Favre" Wright?  ;)   Have fun, Felix!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

BubbleWright

Merlin... it's kinda like the furniture store that goes out of business every year or a rock band's 16th Final Tour... (LOL) ;D ;D ;D
   Antoine de St. Exupery