News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Iron Thistle Scottish Festival

Started by Craigmeister, February 28, 2011, 09:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

Yukon, Oklahoma will be hosting the 5th Annual Iron Thistle Scottish Fest on March 25th - 27th.  There will be Highland Games, bagpipes and excellent Celtic music.  Kick off the season with this entertaining festival.

http://uscoscots.org/Festival%20News%202011.htm
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Rani Zemirah

Do you know what their stance is on patrons attending in garb?  I haven't any Celtic wear, but my garb could definitely us an airing soon, and since NMF is the very next weekend, it might help to satisfy my Faire jones a bit more than a mere three days is able!  

I do need to see about registering with both Clan Donald and Clan Hamilton... 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Craigmeister

I don't think they have a problem w/ it.  Of course, lots of the men wear kilts.  I set up my booth at the OK Celtic Fest last year in Stillwater.  It is run by some of the same people.  When I asked if I could wear garb, they said I could do so.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Rani Zemirah

Hmmm... well, it sounds very entertaining, so I'll have to see if we are able to make it for at least one of the days!  Reasonable admission price, also! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Craigmeister

Iron Thistle is next weekend.  They have a new website.  It is:

www.ironthistleok.com

Craigmeister

Iron Thistle kicks off this Friday evening in Yukon, Oklahoma!  Huzzah!

Nighthawk

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on February 28, 2011, 10:05:01 AM
Do you know what their stance is on patrons attending in garb?  I haven't any Celtic wear, but my garb could definitely us an airing soon, and since NMF is the very next weekend, it might help to satisfy my Faire jones a bit more than a mere three days is able!  

I do need to see about registering with both Clan Donald and Clan Hamilton...  

Heck yeah!! Attend in garb!

Nighthawk

Quote from: Craigmeister on March 23, 2011, 10:57:22 PM
Iron Thistle kicks off this Friday evening in Yukon, Oklahoma!  Huzzah!

Looks like a fun low-key festival! Wish I could go.