News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Who's Goin' When' in 2011

Started by Ryk Rakham, March 01, 2011, 02:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

I'm glad I checked, or I would have arrived at gate way too early. It's a later start and earlier close than Scarby. Should be able to handle a full day Saturday, but will need to leave before closing cannon on Sunday...our workday Monday begins at 5:00 am.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: Archer on May 12, 2011, 08:35:45 PM
You'll like that.  Their gypsy encampment area seems a tad cramped on space but they are near enough to get to hear the music of the Jolly Rogers in the Pirate area all day and they are quite entertaining.   Last weekend the belly dancers were doing their thing in the front entry area and did a great job with their show at the masked ball.  They've added some to their drummers and that pumps a crowd.   They are a friendly group.

Oh, they're wonderful, and I enjoyed spending time with them in Norman this year, when they were playing pirate with the crew of the SeaWolf (another wonderful group of Rennies that I wold love to be involved with, if only they were closer!)!  I can't wait to see them all again!  I'm excited to get to do some character work with them this year... and who knows, maybe Scally and I will even be invited to stay in the participants camping with them this weekend!  That would definitely be more comfy than sleeping in the van!  :D  
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Archer

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on May 12, 2011, 08:47:23 PM
I'm glad I checked, or I would have arrived at gate way too early. It's a later start and earlier close than Scarby. Should be able to handle a full day Saturday, but will need to leave before closing cannon on Sunday...our workday Monday begins at 5:00 am.

@Merlin: There are some that arrive earlier than 10:00, no doubt.  It is a full day because almost each Saturday of faire,  there is an evening event available.   I checked the schedule and the King's Feaste is after closing,  beginning at 7:00 p.m and ending at 9:00 p.m. and there is most usually a really large fireworks show after the evening event.

For more details here is a link to the online 2011 program/schedule with descriptions of events/activities. . . http://okrf2011.myemags.biz/

Want a better world ?   Be a better person.

Every person is a new door to a different world.

Aniroaldawen

I'm leaving for OKRF today and couldn't be any more excited!! If anyone sees a pirate in a black bodice, white chemise, skull-and-crossbones bandanna on her hair, red shoes, and with a Jack Sparrow, another lady pirate and an itty-bitty toddler pirate girl, come say hi!  ;D

Archer

Quote from: Aniroaldawen on May 13, 2011, 09:50:30 AM
I'm leaving for OKRF today and couldn't be any more excited!! If anyone sees a pirate in a black bodice, white chemise, skull-and-crossbones bandanna on her hair, red shoes, and with a Jack Sparrow, another lady pirate and an itty-bitty toddler pirate girl, come say hi!  ;D

Your Jack was the best resemblence, hands down.

Merlin the Elder

I would like to publicly thank Archer for being such a splendid host to my Lady Nimue, myself, and our formerly Ren virgin traveling companion who, by the way, has been bitten and thoroughly infected with the Ren Bug. Archer gets extra points for being patient with the slow-walking old folks... Thank you, my friend. We'll see you again soon.

In addition to meeting Archer and his lovely bride on this first trip to Castleton, we also met the lovely Rani and her wonderful daughter, Scally (an absolute charmer, that one!) from the OKC area, Rapier Half-Wit and his entourage from the Houston area, and Capt Spleen from Colorado. We also bumped into Angus MacInnes a number of times...not saying it was because of my drinking or his... and Aniroaldawen and Jack Sparrow, who I believe are Scarbites as well.

All-in-all a marvelous and pleasurable experience.

Edit: I knew that there was someone else... I also visited with Replicant from Scarby.  I guess this was a minor Scarby Invasion...

Archer

The pleasure was mine.  I'm hoping you'll post some of your photographs when time permits.   A grand weekend, it was.

Rani Zemirah

Scall Wag and I had a wonderful time this weekend, and managed to spend time with most everyone who visited!  Spent part of Saturday with Merlin, Lady Nimue and Archer, while bumping into Angus and his lovely companion several times, and then had to run off and have lunch with Rapier Half Wit (from TRF) and two fo his amazing kids!  We had a great time wandering around with them all day, watched a couple of shows, had the youngest members Knighted, then attended a rousing pubsing with the Bedlam Bards, amongst many others!  It was a grand day, indeed!!!  

(partial cross-posting from another thread)

Another amazing day, today, this time with Merlin, Nim and their friend, and Scally and I had a wonderful time with there, and were terribly sad to see them go... More awesome hugs, though, and they were so sweet... they insisted on buying us lunch!  Watched a few shows with them, and wandered a bit, but they had to leave early, although we managed to extract promises of a return engagement at another Faire, another time.  After that we wandered around trying to see everything, and played with as many cast members and entertainers as we could... then finally ran across Romanceteer Sean Daniels from CoRF, who presented us with his last roses, which he had saved and carried around all day just waiting for me and Scally.   At the end we spent some time drumming for our gypsy belly dancers during the closing show, then finally wandered out to the van, sad to be leaving, sore and exhausted... but glowing from two days of fun, Fairemily and FAIRE!!!

It was a wonderful weekend!  :D  Thank you all, to everyone who shared so many smiles, hugs and great times!  Can't wait to see you all again!  

Oh!  Merlin, I meant to call you and make sure you made it home safely, but my phone finally gave up it's valiant effort to hold onto the last of it's charge, after not being plugged in since early Sat. morning... glad to see that you did, though!!!  
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Archer

Brother Merlin would put Tom Cruise celebrity to shame, with his photo in garb taken so many times this past Saturday.  Some threatened to pirate away his wizard's wand.  Fortunately, they flashed no steel with the effort.  ;D

angusmacinnes

Was wonderful meeting Archer, Rapier and others as well as to see Merlin, Nim, Bob, Scally and Rani.  It was a wonderful day capped with the Kings Feast.  I am sure that we will return again one day.
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Archer

Unfortunately,  I didn't get any pics this year due to unexpected magic box trauma.  The blame goes to gravity alone. 

Spouse got some video she is editing as a hobby project but, I suspect that may take awhile at the current pace.  It will be her first effort with splice and editing to make a good one, worthy of posting.  Here is to hoping that some of you may be willing to share some of your favorite pics . . .

angusmacinnes

There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Merlin the Elder

I don't know how one gets behind in their work on their days off, but somehow that seemed to happen this past weekend. As soon as I have enough time to resize and upload somewhere, I'll show the few shots we got over the weekend.  I had a fair amount of Killian's on Saturday... I had to be more cautious on Sunday since I had to drive that afternoon!

Edit: Great shots, Angus!

Archer

Great pics Angus and thank you for sharing.   I look forward to visiting your home faire in future.   It was great to get the opportunity to meet these we share time with here in this place of common interest, if not hobby/passion/high excitement. 

Merlin the Elder

Archer, are you and your bride planning on RenDezvous? It's likely to be the most fun you can have with your clothes on...