News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Are you going to Mythic Faire?

Started by Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard, March 06, 2011, 08:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Anyone going to Mythic Faire, we are going Saturday and to the ball Saturday night.

http://renconvention.com/
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

daniel paul

looks fun. unfortunately ill be working the whole wkend away. :'(

Lady_Glorianna

I don't know. The way my back has been acting I will know the day off. If I go more than likely I will be there on Saturday
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Master James

Unless I'm forced to work I'll be there with the wife on Friday but Saturday is auditions for VARF and I have to be there to deal with the paperwork.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady_Glorianna

It was good to see some of you today, though the con was a bit disappointing. It was for either fairies or steampunk and not any other myth or fantasy. I was expecting more diversity.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Agreed! I thought it was very disappointing! To charge to get in on Saturday and the only thing to do is shop? Really? $20.00? And then to charge $30.00 for the ball,what ball?There wasn't even a place to sit!But not all was a loss,Blonde Swan was there and we had a blast in their booth playing in the hats.And even purchased one! WooHoo! And yes Lady Glorianna it was great to see you.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

analise

Quote from: LADY JOYCE ANN on March 13, 2011, 06:15:14 PM
Agreed! I thought it was very disappointing! To charge to get in on Saturday and the only thing to do is shop? Really? $20.00? And then to charge $30.00 for the ball,what ball?There wasn't even a place to sit!But not all was a loss,Blonde Swan was there and we had a blast in their booth playing in the hats.And even purchased one! WooHoo! And yes Lady Glorianna it was great to see you.

Bolding mine.

That was my disappointment when I went to FaerieCon back in 2009 (wasn't able to go last year). I was really looking forward to a "ball" and instead it was more like a concert with people standing around in costume. Still had fun, but it wasn't quite all I'd hoped it would be.

Confused about where "the only thing to do is shop" on Saturday though? Looks like they had stuff programmed, anyway, from looking at their website?

Dallan

I was disappointed that we weren't able to make it but it sounds like we didn't miss much. On the bright side, I'm heading to BARF this weekend.  ;D
Fight'n