News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wichita's Great Plains Spring Renfest 2011

Started by Delireus, December 23, 2010, 09:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delireus

A date has been announced for Wichita's Spring renfest, April 16th and 17th, in Sedgwich county park.  - http://www.greatplainsrenfest.com/

I'm going with a group of friends for the first time, I'm pretty excited about it. Anyone else planning to attend? If you've already been, how was it, as far as number of booths and shows/cast? Hope to see some people there!
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Craigmeister

I have been to the fall version.  I have read that it draws around 10,000 whereas the spring event draws around 15,000.  It was very populated when I was there.  I'd say that there were at least 40 booths but I'm not good on counting things like that.  The sword fighting act was pretty good.  I really enjoy the bagpipe band ~ The Saltire Pipers.  When I was there, playtrons could actually suit up & participate in fencing.  That looked fun.

The setting was very nice as well ~ tall trees, a pond & a hill just outside for climbing & taking pics of the site.

BTW, did you know that Great Bend, KS will have a Renfaire on June 11th & 12th?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Delireus

That sounds very nice, I hope I get to go, but it looks like I might be out of town (or rather the state) on that weekend, we shall see though!

I would love to go to Great Bend renfaire, but I'll be in Texas all summer starting in late May.
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Craigmeister

I have pix of both of those KS Renfaires & from some TX Renfaires on my website.  You can see them at www.meistersrealm.com

Happy New Year!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Pinn

I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

BLAKDUKE

The Great Plains faire is in the directory but not the one in Great Bend.  Has anyone to the othe small one Flight of the Dragon faire. 
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Pinn

I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Craigmeister

Huzzah!  Wichita's Spring Renfest weekend is upon us!