News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2011 Midwest Renaissance festival

Started by Rowan MacD, March 10, 2011, 02:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Emerald Shaunassey

The Ladies of the Salty Kiss have had word from the Festival owner that we WILL indeed be returning to this festival again this year.  So join us for a weekend of fun, merriment, and remembrance of those who have paid to gain us the freedom to party like it is 1499!  Join us for a special Veterans Salute and Memorial at Pub Sing, Memorial Day Monday.

Be proud to wear your colors of Red, White, an Blue ... for these colors do not run.

Cap'n Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Butch

Psst, during the month of MAY vice March.

Doc Tyma

Hello all ...

May be in town this year, so most definitely looking forward to attending and enjoying the weather, the company, and an opener to a great R/F season (at least for me)!

Cheers!

Doc (or Adam).
--
Doc Tyma (but Adam is fine, too ;-)
Devious little wandering professor of symbols and signs

jeremiah sullivan

CAP'N E
YOU NEED TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME, AS WE DO NOT HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE OF YOU AND YOUR GROUP ATTENDING THIS YEARS FAIRE. MONEY IS TIGHT....CALL ME SOOON..JEREMIAH...OWNER AND DIRECTOR OF ENTERTAINMENT.

Emerald Shaunassey

To All of our Dear Fans and Friends,

At the time of this writing, it appears we, The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, will not be returning to Midwest Renaissance Festival in 2011 despite the face-to-face "you are in" we received at the Great Bend Renaissance Festival in June 2010 and the verbal contract struck over the phone in March 2011.  Suddenly, both of the previous conversations and agreements, just like our paper application sent into the Festival office in February 2011, have been forgotten/overlooked/misplaced/or disregarded.

Since Renaissance Festival of the Midlands, the predecessor festival of Midwest Renaissance Festival, first moved to the Westfair Fair Grounds, The Ladies of the Salty Kiss have only missed performing at this show one time ... the year RFotM/MRF was bought by the folks from the St. Louis show.

It greatly saddens my heart that those folks who have always viewed The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, our unique and original brand of comedy, and strong females as a threat for what ever reason, have finally succeeded in keeping us from a much beloved event, and the home festival of Amethyst (who in recent years was featured in an article on the festival published in the area newspapers).

It further saddens me that we will not be able to hold our traditional Veterans Salute to our brave men and women who have served this country so very well.  I humbly apologize to our Veterans for failing in being there to personally thank and honor you for all the freedoms you continue to insure for me and mine.

Yours in Service,

Captain Emerald Shaunassey and The Ladies of the Salty Kiss
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Rowan MacD

Just three more days till faire...David and I will be there Sunday and Monday, since I have to work Saturday and David's son has an audition in the afternoon.
  Weather report is gorgeous; mid seventies and mostly sunny all three days.
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

This weather is crazy in the Midwest, so be prepared for a small chance of rain this weekend, especially if you are camping.  
 The site itself is well drained, grassy, and has a concrete walkway so there will be little (if any) issues with mud, and the parking lot is also well drained and graveled.  We have NO nearby bodies of water that could possibly interfere with the faire, so the rain is no big deal.

IWG wench #3139