News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Joplin MO Faire Cancled For 2009

Started by Cormac, January 06, 2009, 02:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cormac

I just checked the website for the Joplin MO faire and they cancled for 2009.  :'( I was looking forward to this faire because it was in April and only an hour from me.

girlmacbeth

Please don't read to much into the cancellation it is only for this coming season if at all possible we are hoping to have a faire next year economy and ,member participation allowing so good cheer and Pray. ;)

Craigmeister

There's a glimmer of hope.  On the Joplin Renfest site, there's a new message.  It says "Please check back often for details about the Historic Route 66 Renaissance Festival 2009 Late June or early July".

Hopefully, it will be in June or in the fall when it isn't smothering hot.

Huzzah!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Emerald Shaunassey

Indeed Craig - the owner of the faire has sent out an e-mail asking previously contracted performers to "pencil in June 27 & 28."  He states he's recieved numerous e-mails and phone calls asking him to not cancel the faire.  From my understanding he is going to scale back and rely upon local talent/groups.  Which is a smart move, IMHO, to fight the downward turn in the economy.

So yes, keep checking the website for updates and please, do all you can do to help support ALL faires.

Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Craigmeister

If it isn't too blithering hot, maybe I'll set up my tent there this year.  I know I won't be busy working weekends that time of year like I will in September.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Cormac

June would be wonderful.  That will give me a faire a month starting in May at OKRF. ;D

Craigmeister

The website shows that the faire will now be on July 25-26.  Maybe we'll have a 3rd miraculously cool summer in a row...

sir cornelious

Alas,
The rumor that Joplin was canceled are true, but also the rumors that it is back are true! Due to many reasons we were forced to cancel the April dates.  Please check the web site for all the exciting details. We know July is not the "coolest" time for a faire, but this promises to be the coolest faire you can attend.

www.joplinrenfestival.com

Bruce Morgan-owner
Joplin Renaissance Festival