News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Camelot on Starz

Started by The Lady Mercedes, March 19, 2011, 02:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Mercedes

Don't think this has been posted already, so here ya go: http://www.starz.com/originals/Camelot Hope it's as good as it looks!
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Mairte

I have been watching previews....glad I get Starz. :)

The Lady Mercedes

Saw it...liking it so far!

Becky10

Oh you beat me to it! I started a thread around here somewhere.

Unfortunately I dont get starz. I am dying to see it since I saw Joseph Fiennes was in it! I may have to just wait to netflix the season.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Kruzar

I saw it and thought it was pretty good, have it set to record just in case.  :) 

If you have Netflix, check to see if it is on streaming...  I am betting they put this one out there early similar to how they did Spartacus.  I haven't looked for this one specifically, but with Spartacus it was normally up for streaming a day or two after airing. 

Gentleman Rogue

Lady Mac

Can't wait for the second episode. I thought the idea of having the "sword in stone"
on a mountainside in a cascading waterfall was clever, not sure if that was part of
legend or not.
Lady Mac's Horns, Canes @ Staffs
Every Lord needs a good stick...
Every Lady too.

Zardoz

We enjoyed the show quite a bit, about the only beef I have is that i'm not real impressed with the kid playing Arthur, he reminds me of Jason Mewes. I kept expecting Silent Bob to show up  ;D
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

Becky10

Is he the creeper boy from Sweeney Todd?

Zardoz

Quote from: Becky10 on April 04, 2011, 05:32:36 PM
Is he the creeper boy from Sweeney Todd?

Yeah! knew I'd seen him someplace!
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

The Lady Mercedes

Hahahaha I totally missed that!

Becky10

I can spot a creeper a mile away  ;D
So netflix is witholding all episodes until 90 days after airing but i still get to see it so yeah!

Mairte

The Lady Mercedes

So it's season finale time next Fri...can't wait to see how it all ends! I'm on pins & needles about Liantes tho...we know Arthur marries Gwennie so what's gonna happen w/him? It's like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop lol.

Mairte

I am gone a lot of Fridays so havent really been able to keep up with this series. :-\ Hope I will be able to get it on dvd at some point.

Captain Teague

I like it. Tape it on the DVR in case I am busy when the new episodes air.

I find it a refreshing retell of the old tale. In my opinion a retelling of what REALLY happened and then was umm...shall we say "embellished" by storytellers through the ages to bring it to the more told intensely magical version. The sword in the stone and the lady of the lake come to mind foremost.
The Code is the Law...

The Lady Mercedes

Yeah the making of Excalibur & the Lady of the Lake part was interesting...who knew Merlin was behind it lol

The Lady Mercedes

Someone I'm following on Twitter said today that Starz has cancelled the series...if this is indeed the case, this really sux... :o  ???  >:(  :(