News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

An Upgraded Basket-hilt

Started by 1stmatematt, March 19, 2011, 08:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1stmatematt

I made this upgraded basket yesterday. It is based off of our standard basket #1 pattern. The blade is similar to most of our backsword blades but with a slightly curved 33.5" blade. This is a big sword that moves quite swiftly and would be a dream to drill with.

Blade length : 33.5"
Blade type: double fullered backsword with false edge
POB: 3.5" from hilt
Blade width at shoudlers: 1.5"
Blade width just before point: .75"
Tang width: 1" at shoulder
Edge: Blunt for stage combat or sparring use

This sword is currently for sale at Legacy Forge.

For more pics of this and other baskets, please visit our site here : http://www.baltimoreknife.com/baskethilts.htm
I have a ton more basket pictures to get uploaded on the site and a few special ones so check back often.

Questions and comments welcome.
1stMateMatt AKA Matt Stagmer
Co-Owner of Baltimore Knife and Sword
Assistant Editor of Pirates Magazine

ALS

Matt, this came out really nice. You guys have tended twords more naturalistic lines in your historical work and the shape of the wooden grip works especially well with that on this particular piece. The filework on the forte of the blade ( a not uncommon feature on highland edged weapons of of the 16-18th centuries ) is a nice feature as well.

tiberiusflynn

I was wondering, do your swords come with scabbards, or is that something we have to find aftermarket?

Thanks

Captain Teague

Well, DERP on me....here I been emailing you guys like mad for my sword order and all that time unknowing you were already a member here..... :o

Where's my scourge, I must do penance now....... :P
The Code is the Law...