News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

10 things I am grateful for...

Started by Rani Zemirah, March 25, 2011, 09:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

A friend of mine from many years ago posts this ever-changing list on her facebook once a week, and I'm trying to pick up the habit.  I can't think of many better ways to remind myself that I have so very many things to be grateful for... both small and large.

10 things I am grateful for...

1. My amazing daughter
2. Family
3. Love... no matter where it's found
4. Faire... it keeps me sane and smiling
5. Cafe mocha
6. Spring weather
7. Reliable transportation
8. Naps
9. Friends who remind me to be grateful
10. Mountains
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Merlin the Elder

My list of things I'm grateful for:
1. That I met Nimue
2. That Nim never let go of my hand when I tried to pull away
3. That my son developed the caring nature that he did
4. That I told my dad I loved him before he died
5. My family
6. That my parents taught me to respect others
7. That one of my college professors, David Thomasma, gave me something infinitely more valuable and lasting than the course material itself: a strong sense of ethics that I still hold dear 40 years later
8. Those friends from my childhood that I'm still close to, and the new friends I've made in my later years
9. Finding a pastime that both Nim and I can enjoy equally—faire
10. Clean socks and underwear
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

DonaCatalina

1. The unbelievablly wonderful man who married me.
2. A daughter who is as much as anyone could ask for in a child.
3. The friends that I've made and kept over the years.
4. My extended family that is always there for me; though they exasperate me sometimes.
5. The Aunt and Uncle who raised me to appreciate nature in all its forms as well as the creatures great and small who share this planet with us.
6. My little Smart Car.
7. The wonderful dogs who have shared my life over the years; including my current grand-dog.
8. Warm chocolate muffins.
9. wine.
10. Two chefs who shared their tricks with me and made cooking an adventure rather than a chore.
11. Renfaires that I can share with the love of my life.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Jade Sapphire Emerald

1. Davens, my fiance. He helped pull me out of a terrible depression two years ago, when we first met.
2. Tucker, my kitten. He gives cats a whole new idea for me...especially when he lays down in the sink letting the water run over him.
3. My mom. She dealt with my terrible emotional break down that led to me going into the army only to be back home in two months.
4. My brother. He's forgiven me for so many things, and actually hugs me now! XD
5. My friends. The ones who still talk to me. The real ones. Them who don't ask any questions about my disappearing time two and a half years ago.
6. Jack Daniels. He's always there for me on the weekends when it's been a rough week.
7. That 70's Show, Big Bang Theory, Numb3rs, PotC and Harry Potter. They all allow me to focus my obsessiveness into something that isn't illegal or immoral.
8. Books. They give me an escape (and are part of the reason I love Faire.)
9. Writing. It lets me escape into a world all of my own.
10. Faire. It is my weekend escape (when it's season is on) and I can share it with my friends and family.
-Formerly Emerald Rogue-
-AKA Jaden Karr-

maeven

1. My husband. We were together for 6 years before we got married and we have seen each other through a lot. I'm thankful that he has put up with my junk and my crazy family! lol... I am so glad I found someone who could go to faires with me (Before I met him, nobody would go to faires with me, therefore I never went. After I met him, everything changed and we haven't turned back since!  :D) I couldn't ask for a better partner in crime. :)
2. Oscar, my dog. My best friend in the whole wide world. 'nuff said. I got him my Senior year of high school when he was a rescue puppy. He is simply awesome.
3. My family. We're not perfect. We are perfectly imperfect. My dad was strict on us (I am a middle child, only girl who was raised in a Catholic, Marine Corps household-you do the math! lol...) but at the same time, my dad taught us to work hard, love your family and cherish the good times. My mom loved (and still does!) her wacko kids and even though we weren't straight-A students or Ivy League hopefuls, we were still aces in her book.
4. My job. It's not the best, most wonderful, most glamorous job out there, but it puts food on the table and gas in my car.
5. Being able to wake up every day and breathe. A lot of times, those small gifts are taken for granted. Even if you wake up grumpy, you were still able to wake up. And that says a lot.
6. Freedom. I'm not one to really get political, but still.
7. My favorite tv shows and my favorite music to help me out after a bad day.
8. My mother teaching me to read when I was 3 years old. I've never put books down since.
9. My home. My husband and I became first-time homeowners last year and we love it. Our home isn't gigantic but it's gigantic enough for us. We're hoping that this year we may be able to add another member to our home  ;) Fingers crossed!
10. The fun stuff. Amusement parks, swimming pools, road trips, FAIRES!, Gummy Colas, All-nighters with Starbucks coffee listening to Metallica, naps and so much more.
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Jade Sapphire Emerald on March 25, 2011, 01:41:43 PM...
6. Jack Daniels. He's always there for me on the weekends when it's been a rough week....

I'll be keeping my eye on you...

Rani Zemirah

This week's list...

1. The anticipation of the week before Faire
2. GARB!!!  :D
3. Spring weather
4. Imagination
5. Artistic inspiration
6. Appliances that work
7. Having enough to eat and clean water to drink
8. Warm socks
9. Good sleep
10. Knowing how to cook
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Celtic Lady

I'm grateful for:
my husband - for the love, laughter, support and encouragement, and for being my partner in this life
my son - he's been the light of my life and the reason that I was able to overcome my shyness
my family - we're always there for each other even when things are bad.
my home - even though it's a small apartment it's my home and there are so many others without one
my doctors - because without them I most likely would not be walking very well if at all
my aches and pains - despite being fed up with them all the time they do remind me I am still alive
all of the experiences I've had - not all of them have been good but they have provided lessons to help me grow
my job - so many people are without one or have to work several to make ends meet and are unable to have a day off
my faith - it gives me strength to get through troubled times
a great sense of humor - because life is serious enough. laughter helps reduce stress, creates smiles, it can ease uncomfortable situations, and it helps keep me positive... there are times when my MS is acting up and things may be harder for me so I just laugh about it (no point crying about it as that will just make things worse)

Becky10

1. My friends near and far- Sometimes I ask too much but they always try there best to be there for me.
2. The people on this board- You guys are all just so amazing, kind and loving its practically ridiculous.  :-*
3. Facebook. (I know, I know!) For letting me connect to those I otherwise would never be able to talk to.
4. The Killers- Their music always seems to cheer me up.
5. My doggies -For being excited to see me when I come home.
6. My bird- Cause not a day goes by that I dont laugh at something stupid he's doing.
7. Body butter- Seriously how did I not discover this stuff earlier,my skin looks AMAZING now.
8. My school - For giving free services for all, without them I wouldn't be getting help.
9. Sam- Cause he unknowingly cheered me up today and without that I would have cracked.
10. My sister- She has been through way too much with me, from absolute hate to complete bonding somehow she always seems to be there for me.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Jade Sapphire Emerald

Today's Greatful list:

1. My fiance
2. My mom
3. My cat, Tucker
4. My brother
5. My friends close and far (esp. those who have been there for me lately.)
6. My apartment
7. My job
8. My soon to be second job.
9. My beach
10. My schooling
-Formerly Emerald Rogue-
-AKA Jaden Karr-

Mairte

1.My huge, unpredictable but lovable family
2. Loyal friends
3. My house
4. Almost done paying for said house
5.My dogs
6. Being able to usually find something humorous in a given situation
7. The country I live in
8.Renaissance faires!
9. This board
10. Good books

Rani Zemirah

1. Breathing
2. Antihistamines
3. Fever free days
4. Homemade chicken noodle soup
5. Steampunk Cthulhu Priestesses  :D
6. (Sub)Urban legends
7. Tall tales
8. Friends who rock at telling tall tales...  ;D
9. Faire flirting
10. Real flirting... ;)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Amyj

1. My Family
2. My health
3. My family's health
4. My home (be it ever so humble)
5. My Boyfriend
6. My friends
7. My job (pleasepleaseplease hire me to PERMANENT status!)
8. My cats
9. My hobbies
10. My dreams
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Auryn

1.The love of my life, he is definitely my other half, so lucky I found him
2.my family, even when they drive me crazy
3.claritin and target flu meds- helped me kick that crappy cold in 3 days- ya baby
4. our crazy dogs that drive me crazy and make me laugh
5. my overall health
6.my work, still kicking so can't complain
7. my crafting abilities that allow me to make the things I see in my mind
8. the weather, sure its hot but it could be so much worse
9. being able to afford food, water, housing and fuel
10. life
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Jade Sapphire Emerald

1. My job
2. My future
3. My being smoke free for seven months
4. My motivation
5. My fiance
6. My kittens/cats
7. My family
8. My extended/non-blood family
9. My lack of knowing what is coming but knowing it will work out
10. My roof over my head
-Formerly Emerald Rogue-
-AKA Jaden Karr-

Ginette

10 things I'm thankful for...

My 2 amazing daughters, they brought so much meaning and purpose to my life.
My husband, he puts up with some much in a house of females but keeps coming back for more
Family, they are always there no matter how badly I mess up.
That my parents taught me to respect others
Bella & Trigger, the dogs, they drive me crazy but make me feel so loved
Loyal friends, they are few and far between but the true friends keep coming back.
My health and that I only see my doctor once or twice a year.
My home, it's nothing big or fancy but its home and everyone is safe there.
Freedom, the freedom to vote, work, believe what I want and raise up my family.
Quote from: maeven on March 28, 2011, 08:25:48 AM
4. My job. It's not the best, most wonderful, most glamorous job out there, but it puts food on the table and gas in my car.

Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

Rani Zemirah

1. Anticipation...
2. Daydreaming
3. Imagination
4. Mocha mudslide ice cream floats with chocolate vodka
5. BBC Scotland
6. Libraries
7. Netflix
8. Social Media (so I can hang out with friends, even when they are hundreds, or thousands, of miles away...)
9. Craftiness
10. Ebay (so I can better afford to indulge my crafty impulses!)

I like to remember the smaller things from time to time, as well as the larger ones...  ;)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Merlin the Elder

1. That I'm not a complete idiot...anything less than 100% is a good thing...
2. That the elastic on my underwear hasn't given out (I hate it when that happens!)
3. That it's cooler today—currently 102°—than it's supposed to be the rest of the week
4. That when I die, there won't be any politicians where I'm going
5. That we did get some rain in March
6. That no armadillos have made their home in my beard
7. That we were gone a week so my water bill was only 5 times what it normally is
8. That I still have a job, even though I don't have much of a life
9. That people can still afford to call me a friend
10. That I can still muster up a sense of humour...

Rani Zemirah

Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede