News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2011 St Louis Ren Faire - Who's Goin'!

Started by Once Debauched, March 26, 2011, 05:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcbanner

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on May 06, 2011, 05:34:44 AM
Looks like we may be progressing there on the 14th/15th.  Any comments on local accomodations?  We looked at some for the spots in Wentzville, but they were not too promissing, so we are looking a few miles out.

take a look at the topic I started "Nearby hotel deal" the hotel is not in Wentzville, its in Forestel, but its no farther then any other hotel in the area, and I'm told there are no stoplights between it and the faire.

Aniroaldawen

So it looks like I'll be attending STLRF next Saturday, the 21st!! Can't WAIT, this will be my second visit!  ;D

Lord Clisto of York

Hope everyone has a great time. It is a super nice faire. Just hope the rain keeps away cause it can flood the area.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Tamtaro

Yes, it is a sweet little faire!  It was pretty squishy on Saturday - misty rain most of the day.  I hope everyone else gets perfect weather!  Myself included - I'm headed back in a couple of weeks. ;D

Genievea Brookstone

Saturday was really wet but it was a wonderful time as always!  We should be going again next weekend although the weather looks like its going to be wet again...but that just adds to the magic!
Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods

Once Debauched

Saturday was definitely a little damp and even chilly later in the day, but I have to say I was impressed with the Chicklette.  She hung in there all day with her Ma even tho the others in our party headed home around 2 or 3.

We plan on going back Sunday, May 29 so if ya see us call out!
IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Once Debauched on May 16, 2011, 04:36:53 PM
Saturday was definitely a little damp and even chilly later in the day, but I have to say I was impressed with the Chicklette.  She hung in there all day with her Ma even tho the others in our party headed home around 2 or 3.

It was nice chatting with you at the Parrot - it was a bit damp, so we tended to go from pub to pub most of the day :)  did see a couple of shows and of course, spend money shopping - mostly on M'Lady (as it should be !!)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Once Debauched

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on May 17, 2011, 03:27:31 PM
Quote from: Once Debauched on May 16, 2011, 04:36:53 PM

It was nice chatting with you at the Parrot - it was a bit damp, so we tended to go from pub to pub most of the day :)  did see a couple of shows and of course, spend money shopping - mostly on M'Lady (as it should be !!)

It was absolutely wonderful meeting you as well! 

I could have just kicked myself later in the day as I remembered that (for once) I had favors to give out and I hadn't passed one on to you and the Misses.

I'll just chuck it up to the water seeping in and making my brain soggy.  ;-)
IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

act2redux

Quote from: Genievea Brookstone on May 06, 2011, 09:42:04 PM
QuoteLooking for a couple we met when we went to this faire in 2009.  They were members on this forum.  I think their names were Lord & Lady Alberon.  They had a wee baby boy, around a year old or so, & he was wearing chain mail.

Everytime we look for them, Lady Alberon always finds us first :) and tells us where to find everyone else hehehe.

~saw them all last weekend...betting they make it again this one as well, since they're local to this faire

Butch

act2redux, ma'am, I hope to see you again this coming Monday!  It was wonderful making your acquaintence last year, I hope our paths cross again this year.  I believe you were minding the hounds last year; are you doing that again?

Butch

Tamtaro

I hope everyone that got to go this weekend had a fabulous time!  There are no more 2011 visits for me this year :'( but Saturday was super-awesome-whoo-hoo-greatness! :D  The weather was humid, but the rain held off.  My friend (ren-newbier than I) was selected to be a victim...er, volunteer for Moonie - I almost peed myself laughing...yes, I know we aren't well enough aquainted to speak of urination, but by golly, it was funny!  (and yes, I said "by golly" by golly!)  ;D

Lady Renee Buchanan

What a wonderful time this past weekend at the St. Louis Renaissance Faire!  It was fantastic seeing old friends and meeting new ones. 

Amazing that people that we met for the first time 2 years ago, including vendors and acts, remembered Steve & me.  I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with the bright Buchanan tartan!  lol

This is a marvelous faire, and everyone there makes visitors feel so welcomed and part of it all.  Steve, Richard, Alan, and I want to thank everyone for their friendliness and kindness to us this weekend.

Note to readers:  If you've never been to this faire, you are missing A LOT!  Get thee there and have the time of your life.    ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

It was good seeing all of our old friends at the Faire again this past long weekend.

Already looking forward to next year.
IPB Clan Chieftain - Clan Williams (Kansas)
Crew of The Bayou Scoundrel
Landshark #58