News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

April 2

Started by Tink, March 28, 2011, 08:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tink

The husband and I will most likely be making a visit on Saturday.  Anyone else planning a trip out?
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - W. Shakespeare

Stalkwell

The good Lady Stalkwell and I will be there for the weekend.

Stalk well...
Enthralled with the Faeriebox...

Tink

Huzzah!  We shall keep an eye out for ye  :)

Merlin the Elder

I was actually mulling over the possibility of us visiting on Saturday on the way to Scarby preview. I just don't know if I want to leave home at 5am to make it worth the detour... We'll be seeing you the following week anyway. ... just haven't decided....
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Tink

Weve only been out there once before, but I remember it being a nice little faire.  The jousting there is also the real deal, not a show of actors.  You should swing on by!

Sigundo

I just noticed it would be running (the Four Winds faire) while I'm at school. Trying to work out the logistics (cash) and if I can afford it, might try this faire the 3rd weekend of April, unless the temps get ungodly hot like Scarborough is lookin to be (for ME, ungodly hot is above 80  :o ) Never been to either festival, at least I'll get to Scarborough for sure. Its an hour closer and kinda free lodging.. we'll see what the future holds. haha
I clicked "change profile" but it still looks as bad as it did before! Please fix!

Stalkwell

Four winds is a fun faire.  If you like joust, they are the real deal.  We've been going for 14 years now, non-stop.  I hear Dustin and Keith have new hard structures this year, new things to see and do. 

Our schedule and life have conspired to keep us from going so far this year, but we will make it this weekend and on closing weekend.  Hope to see you there.
Stalk well...

Craigmeister

Is there a working trebuchet at Four Winds this year?  I heard that they were endeavoring to acquire one during the winter.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Stalkwell

I don't recall seeing one, and since a working model should be quite obvious, I would have to say 'NOPE' on that...

Stalk well...

MrHyde

No large scale trebuchet Craigmeister.  The closest thing would be the catapult games located around the fair.  They had one that launched raquet ball balls at ships (I played it, it was actually quite difficult....  :o) and another site that had two at opposite ends behind small castle walls where you launched water balloons at each other (which was not bad since it was extremely hot that day).  They do have the room for an actual trebuchet there.  Not sure how they would demo it or what additional insurance requirements it may cause for the administration but it would be extremely cool.  Maybe some of us that enjoy Four Winds could send letters of inquiry to the various trebuchet builders that do punkin chunkin (http://www.punkinchunkin.com/main.htm) to see if they would like to donate a retired punkin chunkin trebuchet to the faire...... just an idea....
Home Faire - Texas Renaissance Festival
Frequent - Scarborough, Four Winds, Sherwood, and Middlefaire as well.