News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

talent show feed back

Started by humphrey, March 31, 2011, 08:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humphrey

first, thank you very much to all of the participants! everyone was wonderful. i knew the castleteers were a hot bed of talents!

the question is then......do we do it again?  i like the idea. i know we have even more to share than we did! but how to go about it? first i propose that the previous winner(s) not be included in the contest. of course subsequent years they cant go at it again, i am just suggesting no "reigning champs". BUT i also would suggest that the reigning champs do an "encore" performance.....thus ensuring at least one good act??? lol (just ideas)

so, after discussion, you all have more than six months to plot and plan. in my mind i see alsots of potential.....ie a demonstration involving the history and disposal of peeps.....but hey, i gotz me some imagination.....

what do you all think?

ps   peter, your show was great but i have to ask myself why it took so long. i mean, it is concrete and rock, it is dark, we are drinking.....where was the fire all these years?  lol :)

LadyHawkeontheHill

EXACTLY!!! Why haven't we seen this before?
Willy Nilly on-the-wash town Strumpet
Castleteer Pillar
Irish Penny Brigade member

Old Tinker

this wimp'ee Old Tinker miss'd all these go'ns on,
down me's went about sunset, what a shame.
though we's miss'd good Peters performance,
there are many talents that he keeps under his kilt, whow! let me's re'phrase that,
our good Peter does many amazing things,
his beer slay'n is unmatch'd, and if thee may be think'n to time him as he slays a beer,
then thee better have a stop watch that times one-hundreds of a second, REALLY!!

once again, and probuble until next "Gather'n" , me Belle and me's will be kick'n ourselves for not be'n health'ee for the "Gather'n" last.  :'(

and since our "Captain" is plann'n another talent contest, we's may yet get to see all, this come'n Nov.

be well all,
Tink and Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Natasha

Oh, I think doing it again is a *must*! :)
Russian Noble
Perpetual Gypsy
Crystal Stix-er
Leathersmith

StareNorthSteve

Just curious....what were some of the acts?  I'm already giving this some thought.  :)
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

LadyHawkeontheHill

Much singing, really very good, but BeerSlayer's fire twirling/eating/daredevilish show was a very pleasant surprise. Next time, you, SNS, need to set up your kit and do Inna Gadda da Vida for us, right?
Willy Nilly on-the-wash town Strumpet
Castleteer Pillar
Irish Penny Brigade member

Old Tinker

Quote from: LadyHawkeontheHill on April 05, 2011, 06:18:29 PM
Much singing, really very good, but BeerSlayer's fire twirling/eating/daredevilish show was a very pleasant surprise. Next time, you, SNS, need to set up your kit and do Inna Gadda da Vida for us, right?

good chioce of songs our Butterfly LH, and me's can see in me minds eye our good SNS sing'n it.  ;D
OT & B...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far