News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

just a note

Started by crazyrennie, April 04, 2011, 10:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazyrennie

First it was as always good to see all the regulars!

Now a simple question or two-
If you could improve the fair what would  you do?

Not saying I have much pull but I can drop a word in the ears

Next time you guys see me at Fair I'll be married!
Crazy

Marcos Charron

Well,

1) Start the faire sooner, if we run from mid Jan thru mid March, it would be much better than enduring 100 degree days like this year.

2) Bring back the good acts!, some of the talent this year was just stale and boring, people want to see new things, as well as the ones they have grown to love.

3) Get rid of the junk!, vendors should have to make and sell their own wares, not cheap imports they buy from China.

4) Shade for Gods sake!, if you insist on running during the time of the year when it can get to 90-100 degrees on a whim, provide some more shade!

5) It's time for a real sit down pub, just saying.

6) More areas for people to sit and eat.

7) Time to think a bit more on placement of tents, running into 10 fortune tellers in a row gets a bit overwhelming, spread them out !

8) Camping Area?

Those are just a few things that come to mind, PM me if you want the whole list.

Marcos
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

Amara Deegan

I have to say that I agree with a lot of what Marcos said.

1) Shade! There are trees and food pavilions and shade over seating for stages, but it's not enough.

2) Starting the Faire sooner in the year. I feel 50/50 on this one. True, the weather would be a cooler and more tolerable, but I guess I worry about the possibility of rain and snow(that happened one weekend!) and other winter-type stormy events that could cause the Fair to close for the day. I've yet to see a Fair closed for a heat wave, and I used to go to the one in Texas that runs in October and November when they are still going strong for summer type weather. That was a HOT Fair! 

3) Better acts. Sadly, I have to agree with this. There was only one that I completely did not care for and got up and walked away from (I don't want to name the act here). Overall, I did love what I saw. Maybe because a lot of them were new to me that I hadn't seen at the Texas or Northern California Fairs. I have a few new favorites.

4) Getting rid of the junk. I honestly was kind of surprised to see so much prefabricated, mass produced, factory type things. I don't mind some to help supplement sales, but a few stores were mostly only those kinds of things. Personally I think the point of a shop at a Fair is to offer hand made items. Like I said, some prefabricated, mass produced type items are okay to supplement, but not whole stores.

5) Sit down pub. I 100% agree with this! I would love to see an indoor sit down pub or two.

6) Camping. I was spoiled with on-site camping in California and Texas, and would LOVE to see it here! Just a simple open campground to stake out an area for Friday afternoon through Monday morning.

7) Tent/vendor/booth placements for down the middle of walking paths. I agree with this one too after I saw a strings of similar tents. If the Fair wants to keep them grouped for simplicity purposes then at least make a specific area or themed row; something like Gypsy Alley for all the fortune tellers and belly dancer clothing tents. 

8 ) More varieties of food. There were a few food areas, but it was all the same 3-4 vendors and they all sold roughly the same thing.  Maybe I was spoiled with this at the other Fairs because they would clearly have English, Italian, Middle Eastern, Latin, Greek, and a few others. Each with their own very different menus so that there was a nice variety.

I also had a few others, but I can't think of them right now and Marcos' list helped with this one, lol. I'll post again, or edit this one, as I think of more. My brain is kind of fried right now from studying for my OSHA finals.

Julianne

Our faire interferes with superbowl.
The faire favorite acts are just coming off their own vacation times.
Our owner is just like the rest and you won't see a huge change unless he has to (i.e., the fire...)
I don't expect a huge amount of money spent on expansion in my whole life and the hereafter.
(hell will freeze over)

I love my faire for what it is.  I'd love expansion and improvement..but I'd say it's dust in the wind.
ahem....literally.