News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A costume Tragedy

Started by LadyStitch, April 06, 2011, 04:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyStitch

It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Wickedvox

Nooooo! Heartbroken is not close enough to describe how I feel about this. Downton Abbey! One of my favorite Masterpieces...and they were supposed to be filming season 2...now what?! This brings tears to my eyes. Senseless.
"Not all those who wander are lost..."

Kate XXXXXX

Bugger.  That place was a National Treasure.

isabelladangelo

Quote from: Kate XXXXXX on April 06, 2011, 06:25:57 PM
Bugger.  That place was a National Treasure.

Screw national -the uniforms were part of world history.  This is a disgusting act of vileness.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

This is heartsickeing to say the least.

I loved both THE KING'S SPEECH and DOWNTON ABBEY. I am sure Costumers from all around England will be called to assist in recreating the lovely pieces. Perhaps museums and Private Collections in the UK and USA will come to the rescue.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Lady Rebecca

That is beyond terrible. I can't imagine what would ever cause anyone to do such a horrible thing.

LadyStitch

The ownder said that after 50 years of collecting he just can't start again.  How do you rebuild a treasure like this, CAN you even do it?
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

DonaCatalina

Centures old British army unifoms....the death penalty is too good for this Christopher Donnachie character.
:'(
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Anna

>:( I can't believe some people. This is so sad. I hope they send this guy to prison for quite some time.
Lady Anna

ArielCallista

Not joking...I cried a little...
Things are shaping up to be...
Pretty. Odd.

Lady Rebecca

I think he should be made to sit in a very dark and very tiny cell with nothing but a small flickering candle, and be forced to hand sew for the rest of his life. And if his stitches aren't perfect enough, then he should have to walk on fire, and start over again.

Kate XXXXXX

Prison and punishment isn't usually the right response to mental illness.

isabelladangelo

Quote from: Kate XXXXXX on April 08, 2011, 02:31:31 AM
Prison and punishment isn't usually the right response to mental illness.
Unfortunately, in today's world, we let those off with "mental illness" far too easily.  There is a sickening case of it going on in Utah right now.   If the person is unable to get help, there are no meds that can be given to correct the behavior, then we let them off.   And yes, it has happened and yes, it is happening.  Mental illness should be a mitigating factor, not an excuse to not have any punishment whatsoever. 

Of course, this is all very OT and assumes that the person committed the arson as part of a mental illness and not out of other motivations.   

Anna Iram

Quote from: Lady Rebecca on April 07, 2011, 10:41:34 PM
I think he should be made to sit in a very dark and very tiny cell with nothing but a small flickering candle, and be forced to hand sew for the rest of his life. And if his stitches aren't perfect enough, then he should have to walk on fire, and start over again.

LOL...Damn....

I've never understood why some folks enjoy destroying beautiful things and I'm so sad for the gentleman who's life work went up in flames.

DonaCatalina

I appreciate your position Kate; but not every criminal is mentally ill.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Wickedvox

Quote from: ArielCallista on April 07, 2011, 10:14:21 PM
Not joking...I cried a little...

I'm not ashamed to say I did too.
"Not all those who wander are lost..."

Kate XXXXXX

Until I know, I will not condemn.  He MAY eventually be found guilty of criminal damage, but until then I will reserve judgement.  And if he is, but is remanded for psychiatric assessment, he may still find himself incarcerated.  One would hope with a better chance of recovery than is provided by most prisons.

Squire_Kit

This is absolutely sickening....I'll never be able to understand why people do some of the insane things they do. Though I quite like Lady Rebecca's suggestion, this Christopher character should have some sort of agonizing sewing work he has to do for the rest of his life.