News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Beware we are coming...

Started by Missy, April 07, 2011, 11:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Missy

Hello all. I am Missy from Denver. Home show is CRF and have worked it for 10 years. I love to travel and visit other fairs and am getting to see Georgia for the first time in May 14th!!!
I will be traveling with my husband (the buccaneer) our son and my sister and her husband.
Haven't been to a Fair all year. And can't wait to get there to play before Colorado starts up in June!

any suggestions on things we must do/see/eat while visiting?

Lady Christina de Pond

it's going to be sweltering do drink plenty of water and the shows are wonderful
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

amy

Georgia has a great musical cast.  Be sure to catch the pub sing at the end of the day and join in.   And Tartanic is lots of fun.

fairieimp

Quote from: Lady Christina de Pond on April 07, 2011, 12:37:35 PM
it's going to be sweltering do drink plenty of water and the shows are wonderful

Agreed on both accounts, although I would like to emphasize the water/gatorade portion. highs are generally in the 90s in May, with humidity hovering in the 80%. Though you *must* try Peacock Tea Room's House Sweet Tea! It's the most amazing thing in the world! :)
"A halo is just one more thing to keep clean."

I am Margaret Rennell, you can call me Meg. :)

BamaWoodsman

The Tea Room is a must, and with new ownership this year it should be even more fabulous.  If you time it right (and they are on the same stage this year) you can catch a bite to eat at the tea room and Tartanic at the same time. Great way to spend a meal.   

Missy

Great thanks for the notes. We have seen most of the traveling acts at either our home show or the other shows we have visited. But like to see how the act changes from state to state. Great plan for the water too. It is hot here but very dry so we always feel thirsty.

Is there a place regulars like to hang out. At CO the weekly crowd gather at the pirates pub.