News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Maryland Fairy Festival 2008

Started by Scotsman, June 02, 2008, 07:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotsman

Amras reminded me this morning so I thought I would take a minute to remind everyone else.
It is this weekend June 7 - 8.
I am going to try to convince Lady Guinness to go on Sunday.
For more information go here:
http://www.marylandfaeriefestival.org/
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Dallan

We are waiting patiently for closing weekend at VARF.
Fight'n

analise

I'm definitely going to be there on Sunday. Hope to catch you guys there! :D

Amras Elfwine

I feel it my duty to  moderate my fellow moderator...this is already a thread in the faerie section... 8)
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Scotsman

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on June 03, 2008, 04:58:45 PM
I feel it my duty to  moderate my fellow moderator...this is already a thread in the faerie section... 8)

Crap ... thanks for the heads up .... I hate it when your always right.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Amras Elfwine

I do look forward to Analise-hugs on Sunday...and, if we can only get Scotsman into a set of proper wings...now THERES a picture!!!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

analise

What a coincidence, I'm looking forward to Amras-hugs. :) Hee!

Also: I'll distract him with cookies while you get the wings on him!

Amras Elfwine

It will be heat index well over a hundred tomorrow, so dress cool, wear SPF, and wear umbrella wings if you have them...
R/F member since 2004

remission

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on June 07, 2008, 04:33:59 PM
It will be heat index well over a hundred tomorrow, so dress cool, wear SPF, and wear umbrella wings if you have them...

I wish I knew this before I went, I got heatstroke , dressing in my pirate gear , was sick for 2 weeks. I'll learn to dress better next time. At renn faire there is a lot of shade, but no shade at all at the Fairy fest.

will paisley

Quote from: remission on August 07, 2008, 08:56:12 AM
Quote from: Amras Elfwine on June 07, 2008, 04:33:59 PM

I wish I knew this before I went, I got heatstroke , dressing in my pirate gear , was sick for 2 weeks. I'll learn to dress better next time. At renn faire there is a lot of shade, but no shade at all at the Fairy fest.

The best way to dress for that kind of weather is to wear whatever you wear indoors ... and stay there. :D  That weekend was the first time I ever missed performing at VARF for health/physical reasons.  I managed to survive for a day, but had to beg off on Sunday because I was completely useless for performing that day. Shade didn't help much, and neither did anything else other than sitting down with ice packed under my hat and across the back of my neck.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally