News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The voting has begun!

Started by Scotsman, June 13, 2008, 06:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dallan

Quote from: PinnMcrack on July 31, 2008, 07:27:36 AM
http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=210.0.

That should help you

Lord W -

I just ordered one for my wife. Dead Bishop orders them in batches of 20. My rough count with Lady Di's included is 7 or 8. Once ordered it takes a little while. I just wanted to let you know that unfortunately there is a little time delay in case you are all about instant gratification like me.
Fight'n

Scotsman

Word of advice, always order a spare ... it helps.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

lordwriothsley

Thank you both gentlemen.About how long of a wait would we be talking about here for the R/F pins?
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Scotsman

Quote from: lordwriothsley on July 31, 2008, 11:44:15 AM
Thank you both gentlemen.About how long of a wait would we be talking about here for the R/F pins?

You may want to contact DeadBishop through email to get the skinny from the horses mouth ... he is the one who handles that stuff.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

lordwriothsley

Quote from: Scotsman on July 31, 2008, 11:48:02 AM
Quote from: lordwriothsley on July 31, 2008, 11:44:15 AM

You may want to contact DeadBishop through email to get the skinny from the horses mouth ... he is the one who handles that stuff.
So tell me as someone who's been to a ton of Rendezvous is a requirement to wear your R/F pin to be able to attend?
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Scotsman

Not at all. The only requirement is to have fun.

*the goal of faire*

All the pin does is to help others on this board identify each other as they travel throughout the country. This board and its members represents the biggest RF group in the country. What you are involved in is actually Part II. The original board crashed about 6 months ago and most of the info on it was lost. There were over 10K members. We are just now getting comfortable in our new home and membership is once again growing. As a testament to the our Admins (John/DB) the board is booming. We are slowly re-couping our members and as you can see the information on this board is expanding to monstrous proportions. I love this place.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Dallan

I agree with my occasionally sober cousin. It really is more of a sign that says "Hey we have something very much in common. Please introduce yourself (or let me introduce myself to you)."  I've met some really great people by wearing the pin but it's not a requirement. My wife and I love meeting people that have a passion for faire like us and this place and the pin have been helpful. I should also add our kids love it too, our oldest especially. That being said Lord W, stay in touch as MDRF opens with your visits and a pint shall be on me.
Fight'n

Scotsman

Quote from: Dallan on July 31, 2008, 09:22:01 PM
I agree with my occasionally sober cousin.

I resemble that remark!  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Pinn

I must admit I look for the pin also when at Faire, so much fun to see someone who has posted on the boards.
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

lordwriothsley

Dallan my friend I will definetly be keeping in touch for the opening of MDRF.I am so looking forward to meeting some more fellow people from this forum as well.In the short time i have been on this forum I already love it I have met some amazing people already and i'm proud to say that you and Scotsman were the first two awesome people that i meant when i first joined.I'm sorry to hear about the old boards i'm sure it bummed alot of people out when they did crash 6 months ago.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Dallan

Quote from: lordwriothsley on August 01, 2008, 01:20:25 PM
Dallan my friend I will definetly be keeping in touch for the opening of MDRF.I am so looking forward to meeting some more fellow people from this forum as well.In the short time i have been on this forum I already love it I have met some amazing people already and i'm proud to say that you and Scotsman were the first two awesome people that i meant when i first joined.I'm sorry to hear about the old boards i'm sure it bummed alot of people out when they did crash 6 months ago.

Excellent. I look forward to our meeting, at least our formal meeting. We've been attending VARF on closing weekend and you look vaguely familiar.
Fight'n

lordwriothsley

Well I was the noble in black red and gold at VARF the weekend you were there.I might have seen you in passing but because my schedule is so tight being on cast i might have been caught up in some cast business and just not had the time to stop by and say hello.As for a formal introduction i look forward to that as well as a formal introduction with Scotsman.Who knows maybe you myself and Scotsman could all end making a formal introduction at the same (that is if Scotsman is sober enough ;D) to do so.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Dallan

Quote from: lordwriothsley on August 05, 2008, 01:32:40 PM
Well I was the noble in black red and gold at VARF the weekend you were there.I might have seen you in passing but because my schedule is so tight being on cast i might have been caught up in some cast business and just not had the time to stop by and say hello.As for a formal introduction i look forward to that as well as a formal introduction with Scotsman.Who knows maybe you myself and Scotsman could all end making a formal introduction at the same (that is if Scotsman is sober enough ;D) to do so.

Sorry I forgot the wink at the end of my post. I know you as part of the cast. I've gotten to know a couple of the cast members. See you soon.
Fight'n

lordwriothsley

Likewise,same to you to my friend.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"