News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

St. Louis & Exchanging Favors

Started by Once Debauched, June 13, 2008, 07:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Once Debauched

Here on R/F.com there's always threads about exchanging favors, but we never talk about it here in St. Louis nor have I seen much, if any, favor exchanging at faire. 

I had favors to bring to faire this year, unfortunately um... I forgotted them!  Does anyone have or make favors for exchange? (and do you remember yours?  lol)
IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

Amyj

I made little rum bottles last year in time for pirate fest...I didn't get any done for faire this year, but I should have some for Pirate Fest.
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Once Debauched

Rum bottles ya say?  And here I thought I had an original idea for new favors!  lol

IWG  #3527 Local 29
FOKTOP
ROoL #29

wildthingjew

if you are looking for favor exchange i would be more than happy to send you one of mine!
jamie
jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

Malcolm

I glued some jewels and a pair of eyes on a wooden disk and wrapped a bit of tartan ribbon around the bottom, and called it a "Flash in a Kilt". I have four left over from the Faire, and enough stuff to make many more.

Who wants one?
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

Once Debauched

I'm up for it! Now do we want to do the mailing bit or actually pick a time and place and exchange them in person at pirate fest?  Huh? Huh?  I would sooo like to actually meet everyone I always seem to miss!
IWG  #3527 Local 29
FOKTOP
ROoL #29

Malcolm

Pirate Fest sounds good. Much more personal than the big brown truck.
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society

Amyj

I agree, Pirate FEst...that way we also get to say hello!  ;D
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Lord and Lady Alberon

We would love to trade our favor with you all at Pirate Fest. Amyj it would be great fun to add a rum bottle to my hat. And since we have our own "Wee Little Scotsman" aka our little son it would be much appreciated to have one of your "flash in the kilt" favors Malcolm.

Once Debauched.... It was super to get to met you & your family and see you all again at the Jeff City Faire.
Malcolm.... It was also a pleasure to have met you & your wife & doggie. Also thanks for the great pic you took of us.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks

Malcolm

REMINDER TO SELF:

Make more "flash in the kilt" Favors
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society

Woodland Artisan

Quote from: Malcolm on July 07, 2008, 11:47:21 PM
REMINDER TO SELF:

Make more "flash in the kilt" Favors

Hey, we really enjoyed those favors you gave us at the faire in St. Louis (we were the woodworking merchants and bodger demonstrator)!  Very creative and something that many people asked about in our travels this Spring.  Now that I have a little time this summer (faire season is over for a little while so I can get some commissioned pieces done and inventory built back up), I'll be trying to find the pictures we took of your favor.  We were a bit ashamed to not have had any of our own to give in exchange but, rest assured, I'm thinking of ideas on what to make for ours.

Thanks, Malcom!

Malcolm

Woodland Artisan,
Glad my little trinkets were enjoyed by someone other than myself, and that you're not angry that I didn't buy any of your fine wares. :-[
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society

Woodland Artisan

Malcom,

No, no.  Not at all.  On the contrary, we were most happy to have meet you and had pictures taken of us and our wares by you.  I enjoyed our talk and putting a face to name.  Which reminds me.  I wanted to ask your permission to use a couple of your photos of us.  I'll contact you privately once I pick out the ones I'm talking about.