News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Who's amped?!

Started by Wickedvox, April 10, 2011, 09:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wickedvox

Okay, I've finished my new costume for this year (1 of 3 I'm making teehee), and am IN THE SPIRIT!! Who's going? What are you looking forward to? Who's making their own garb? What will you buy first? Anything!! Get in the spirit with me! Pleaseeeee! I'm dying to talk some Ren Fest!!
"Not all those who wander are lost..."

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

I'm ready for the michigan faire season to begin in a little under two months!

LadyMeg

I'm eagerly waiting, especially since that means that warm weather too! 

As for garb, not sure I'll make new, maybe do a few tweaks and embellishments here and there.  I already have a closet and more full, so I think tweaks are a good start, ya know? 

I'm just waiting to bounce around and share some good times as only a little pirate lass can do!
|LadyMeg|
________
Galene, Nereid in pirate form
Lady Alethea Talbot

Celtic Lady

I'm starting to for faire season in general... but I am looking forward to coming back to Hollygrove.

Village Idiots - Kevin

I'm just hoping I can make it out to MiRF this year...got a busy schedule this summer!
Kevin Starnes
Artistic Director
The Village Idiots
http://www.rennieidiots.com

Celtic Lady

Kevin, does this mean that the Village Idiots may not be at MiRF this year?

Village Idiots - Kevin

Well, MiRF has not contacted anyone yet, as they are still knee deep in Tampa Bay. However, on a good note for us, we were booked for four weekends at the Maryland Festival. Due to this, I can say we definitely won't be at MiRF for more than a few weekends at best.
Kevin Starnes
Artistic Director
The Village Idiots
http://www.rennieidiots.com

Wickedvox

Quote from: Village Idiots - Kevin on April 20, 2011, 08:53:44 AM
Well, MiRF has not contacted anyone yet, as they are still knee deep in Tampa Bay. However, on a good note for us, we were booked for four weekends at the Maryland Festival. Due to this, I can say we definitely won't be at MiRF for more than a few weekends at best.

It's not MiRF without the Village Idiots!!

Wickedvox

Quote from: LadyMeg on April 18, 2011, 10:17:02 PM
I'm eagerly waiting, especially since that means that warm weather too! 

As for garb, not sure I'll make new, maybe do a few tweaks and embellishments here and there.  I already have a closet and more full, so I think tweaks are a good start, ya know? 

I'm just waiting to bounce around and share some good times as only a little pirate lass can do!

I know! I'm so ready for warm weather! But last year I went on a cold spell weekend and froze my gypsy arse off! so this year I made a cool weather coomoner outfit just in case lol! Yeah, tweaking is a nice way to rejuvinate an old piece. Was thinking of doing that myself! *dancing around giddily* Can't wait to shake some booty with Tartanic too!! ACK! It can't come fast enough!!

shadowcat546

Well,...if we want to continue the spirit, since us in Michigan have done the "spring promenade" at FrankenFeast in Frankenmuth, how about some of us get dressed up and go see "Pirates/Carib. /strange tides"..?!!!  I'm down for that: I'm near Warren /Shelby Twp/ Sterling Hts.
Shannon, ..The Colonial Peddler --see Webshots shadowcat546 (so.-east Mich.) Goods for Sale

Celtic Lady

Quote from: shadowcat546 on April 20, 2011, 10:06:27 PM
Well,...if we want to continue the spirit, since us in Michigan have done the "spring promenade" at FrankenFeast in Frankenmuth, how about some of us get dressed up and go see "Pirates/Carib. /strange tides"..?!!!  I'm down for that: I'm near Warren /Shelby Twp/ Sterling Hts.

If I were still in Michigan I would  :). I used to live in Redford.

LadyMeg

It'd be fun to try and get something going for POTC 4.  I guess the hard part would be finding common ground.

PS.  I be in Adrian/Ann Arbor area.
|LadyMeg|
________
Lady Alethea Talbot

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

I know a bunch of people are going that friday, at the bogar theater in marshall, michigan.... And hey, the next day, Mayfaire starts in the same town!

shadowcat546

Heyyyyyy !!   ;)
I'm up for meeting for a showing of Pirates/ Carib. 4, at /near Sterling Hts., Troy, Auburn Hills, Warren, ...maybe the big cineplex in southfield...Let me know
Shannon, ..The Colonial Peddler --see Webshots shadowcat546 (so.-east Mich.) Goods for Sale

Poldugarian Warrior

Will be headign up to Frankenmuth for the World Beer Expo, so no POTC4 for me, but that'd be cool if you all get together and go, and heck go in garb.

NefariousDrO

There's only a couple of days until it starts this year, and I can't wait. I've worked up a new costume, and I'm bringing a family of newbies along for the ride. Best part is getting their kids hooked on the faire. Get them started young, I always say!

Poldugarian Warrior

Well, still amped to see what the next weekends have to offer, made it there Saturday saw new act The Tortuga Twins quite good. And as always Bocca Musica was in good voice, and Shanty Man and Bonnie Lass changed up their act a little bit, but still very good. I had always wanted one of those drinking horns in which you could drink and blow through like the Vikings have, so I purchased one of those, very cool. Now I just have to decide which wekkend I want to dress as a Viking.

NefariousDrO

I'm gonna be there on the 17th and 18th. I will be camping at the state park nearby with a bunch of friends. I can't wait. If anybody's camping there, look for the site that has a boatload of drums (or just follow the sound) and say hi!

LadyMeg

I'm planning on popping in 17-18th if all goes as planned!  So if anyone's there, hit me up!
|LadyMeg|
________
Lady Alethea Talbot