News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

King Charming, positive thoughts to slay the Dragon

Started by mumsies, June 13, 2008, 09:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumsies

My friends, I have an update on the battle. Charity is a bit overwhelmed and has not had much of a chance to visit the boards, but she has passed along an update for you. She knows that they both have all of our love and support and we are worried about them, and that every one of us is there if they need anything. If the love of friends/family could heal, that dragon would be long gone! If only. 

Dear Friends...

It has been some time since I have been in touch and Mumsies has been kind enough to agree to pass this message on for me.  I know that many of you are concerned for Dirk and for me.  We do appreciate your kind thoughts and it is always nice to hear from you.  Dirk enjoys the emails and notes.  I apologize that we have not found time to visit our new ren forum.  Things have been rather hectic around here!

Dirk is progressing slowly and doing well overall. We are still optimistic but the path is difficult.  His chemo treatments are intense and he is also undergoing procedures to prevent another bleedout in his esophogus.   He is very ill most days, has no energy and sleeps alot but the Docs say that will help him heal.  I of course worry about every little symptom - for example he is getting chills a lot and when I told the Doc I learned it was from "tumor fever" caused when the tumor is breaking down - so it may actually be a good thing.

We feel so blessed to have each other and to be able to get through this together.  We also feel very blessed to have the support of our extended family and we can't thank you enough for your continued prayers and good wishes.

We do have an exciting bit of news to share with all of you!  Finally after two years, we will be able to be married!  We would have liked to celebrate with a huge event and elaborate trimmings, but as you can imagine, medical bills will be the priority over fancy feasts!  Perhaps after Dirk is feeling better we will be able to gather together and join with you in celebration.  For now it is enough for us to just have each other.

I would like to ask you to take a moment out of your day and consider something.  There are people in our lives who we care about, people who are close to us and who we love.  Be sure that they know it.  Be good to them.   Give them the attention they deserve.  Treat them with kindness everyday.  Don't just assume that they will always be there.  Things happen, things you never expect.  Be sure your loved one will know that you are there for them no matter what.  That might be the only thing that pulls them through.

Blessings,

Kharla ~ Charity Morgan

Dr. Dirk ~ Sir Wulf, King Charming

Athena

I'm happy to hear Dirk is progressing. I hope and pray with all my heart that Kharla and Dirk get through this difficult time, and can enjoy the company of their friends at faire in the future.

Congrats on the impending nuptials, that's wonderful news!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Terry Griffith

Quote from: mumsies on June 13, 2008, 09:22:22 AM
I would like to ask you to take a moment out of your day and consider something.  There are people in our lives who we care about, people who are close to us and who we love.  Be sure that they know it.  Be good to them.   Give them the attention they deserve.  Treat them with kindness everyday.  Don't just assume that they will always be there.  Things happen, things you never expect.  Be sure your loved one will know that you are there for them no matter what.  That might be the only thing that pulls them through.

We love you.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Lady Guinness

Thank you Mumsies for passing the update on Dirk along. Is there anything we can do? Please let me know if the group is able to come up with something to do for them both, until then I will continue with my thoughts and prayers and send positive energy to my friends.

Mistress Charlotte

Mumsies!  Thank you for keeping us updated on Dirks progress.  We appreciate it very much.

With the loss of the old forum,  a mailing address to send good wishes disappeared with it.  Would it be possible to re-post it?
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

mumsies

If anyone else has the address, please post. If not, I will try to get it from Kharla and get it posted this weekend. I know it would mean much to hear from all of us.

DuCoeur

The Warrior King and his Queen.  They have fought so many battles together and have over come so many obstacles on the path to love.

That love keeps them strong and they will endure.  And the Love they inspire in so many others will give wind to the sails, as they endure another journey together.

Know that you are loved my Friends and that we are with you...

(Thanks mumsies for the update)
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Scotsman

Keep fighting the good fight friends! We are here for you. God speed!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

anne of oaktower

You know my thoughts and blessings are with you right now.  Rest and be well. 
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Charity Morgan

Greetings Friends!  So...as you might imagine my time is a little tight and my attention a bit distracted!  Finally today I managed to wander here to our new ren site home (Thanks to those important folks who make this all possible!!!) and what do I find?! HA! You're talkin' 'bout me!

Dat's ok dogh, cuz u be seyin' de nice tings.  tank u fer de sweet kindness frum all ur hearts we be so lucky te have u fer family an' dat.  Ok ~ so I slipped into the old khroney character for a minute, but seriously, without the sanity that many of you provide with your positive thoughts and kind words, and ever encouraging emails I am pretty sure I would be the one losing hair over this illness!  (Don't worry Charlotte, his locks are still looking beautiful!)

You know what they say about people in the medical profession being the most difficult wonderful patients?....Dr. Dirk is doing much better this week.  Next week he goes in for another endoscopic surgery followed by chemo again in two weeks.  SO we are hoping to see many of you in between at Great Lakes over the 4th of July opening weekend!  Hopefully we can make it and so can you!  Captain Fortune is home to sail the vessel for us and help us out so we are going to try to make the journey.  we would LOVE to see you there!
Cheers!
Charity Morgan
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

Lady Guinness

Charity, it is wonderful to see you on the forum again. We have missed you. I truly hope you guys can make the journey to GLMF, it will be a joyous occasion to see you all again!

Scotsman

Tell that man to drink more MEAD! It has healing qualities ... it cured me of wanting to stay sober  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Charity Morgan

Greetings!  Sir Wulf has come through another procedure of proding this week and seems to be getting along well considering!  As I have pointed out to Scotsman...our King Charming will always be known for his mead  but now will just be the mead maker as consuming it does not mix well with the chemo!  He says to tell you all ~ more for us!

So, we, King Charming, meself, and our Captain Fortune, are venturing to GLMF for opening weekend as it is just before the next round of chemo and a good opportunity to see many of you.  We are trying our best to gear up for Pgh Ren Fest and he will be as strong as possible by then.  You will see that he is a bit thinner and a little tired, but he still has that twinkle in his eye and he will always be as Charming as ever!  We will know more about the "dragon" in early August when they take another look...it seems to have been breathing a lot of fire but we feel like all of the positive energy you each have contributed has really help us and we believe that dragon will take it's last breath soon. 

Thank you again for your kindness and concern.
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

Scotsman

It will be good to see the big fellow next weekend! Mmmm Mead!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

PesterTheJester

Well I'd wish him luck on his surgery but I know he doesn't need it.  He's a strong man and will survive all of this.  I await both of your returns in august to moreland shire