News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

King Charming, positive thoughts to slay the Dragon

Started by mumsies, June 13, 2008, 09:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiaLD77

So does this mean King Charming will need a Bevy of Ladies to keep him stocked up on water, Fruits, & fluffed pillows for PGRF?
I volunteer!  ;D
I want to play with your head like a drunk kitten:)

anne of oaktower

Anyone needing their address to send cards and whatnot, please ren-mail me. 
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Charity Morgan

Greetings!  Sorry to be a bother but I just can't text another message today so I am going to go ahead and post since so many of you are right here anyway!  Some of you know that I had a heart procedure last week, I am doing much better now!  Just a little sumthin' I inherited from my daddy.   But today was the big day when we finally got to go have the scan and find out if the chemo is working for Dirk!  It has been a hectic and difficult four months since his diagnosis, he has undergone 8 procedures to treat the internal bleeding as well as the large cancerous tumor... 

The full report was not ready when we went to the Cancer Center directly from having the scan, but they could tell that it had shrunk some (not grown!!) and (this is the very exciting part!) it looks like swiss cheese!  There is dead mass and holes, so the doc thinks it will just cave in on itself.  Dirk gets a repreave of an month off so he can try to get his appetite back and build up a little before starting another round of treatments. 

Thank all of you who are never ending in your support and outpouring of love.  We could not imagine going through this without you.  Although we are not sure how he will be feeling, Dirk is looking forward to seeing you at ren!
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

Scotsman

Excellent news lass ... but he is still at the top of my prayer list!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

mumsies

Excellent indeed! for both of you. I am sure I speak for all of us when I say that the positive thoughts and prayers continue, and that we are all there for you. I know you are working with some deadlines and have much to do with faire ready to open-let us know what we can do to help make it easier for you, so you can save your energy for being well, and much more able to enjoy faire a bit without so much stress. Make us a list!

Scarlett

Great news for both of you my dear Charity!  I hope to see you and Dirk soon in the shire!   :D
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Professor M

Great news for Dirk!  And you as well, Charity!

I saw you working on your shop at the faire site on Sunday, but never managed to get over there.  I'm sorry about that.  I was just caught up in rehearsals.  I look forward to seeing you at Morgan's Bounty soon.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Lady Celynn

You are both in our prayers and we're sending good and healing thoughts your way.  Please let us know if there's amyting we can do to help.  They say love has great healing power, so hold tight to the love you share and know that your Renn family is sending lots of love your way. 

Mistress Charlotte

Wonderful news!  I hope to see you in the shire on Friday when I load in.  I will have hubby in tow Friday and Saturday, so we can "trade" for a few hours!!   
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

chriscat53

How blessed you are to have each other. Congratulations on the good news! Hope and sustenance for the journey!

Charity Morgan

Thank you all kind friends!  Yes, working on the booth HA!  I am not to lift more than 5 lbs or even walk more than 5 to 15 minutes at a time - does that sound like me to any of you?! My main artery was 95% blocked when they went in and roto-rootered it then they propped it open with some gadget that will make me beep when I go through the terminals and gave me more meds than I ever thought I would need.  Now at least I won't have a heart attack driving Dirk to the hospital for his treatments!  We are both eating healthy and he is trying to get some nutrition into his system even though his appetite is really not interested.  His famous mead is now just for making, no longer consuming.  When MY doctor was going over my diet, I don't really eat much animal products - except cheese so I said "I love swiss cheese but I will give it up."  The next day HIS doctor said the tumor looks like swiss cheese!  So I take that as a very good sign!  That nasty ole' dragon doesn't have a chance!
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

anne of oaktower

Such wonderful news!  As soon as I got out of the car Tuesday evening I did the happy dance  ;D
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Scotsman

Stay hearthy lass ...

note to self: No swiss cheese at tailgate ... got it!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?