News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Favorite piece of garb.

Started by Adriana Rose, April 14, 2011, 03:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adriana Rose

Ok so I asked what is your favorite bodice and who made it. Now I wanna know what is your favorite piece of garb and who made it? If you made go for it and toot your own horn!

Mine is my funky bloomers, I have all sorts of patterns on them from Shrek to My Little Ponies. And they are sooo comfy I wear them all year long.

Baron Dacre

Current favorite costuming bit?

My arming bolster!

Firstly my lovely Girlfriend (who is playing Anne Sackville, Lady Dacre) made it.

Secondly, it has monkeys on it (that match the monkeys on the lining of my slops!)

Tho the hat she made me is awesome!
Gregory Fiennes
10th Baron Dacre of the South
(Baron Dacre)

DonaCatalina

My favorite garb that I did not make:
That would be my Elizabethan shoes made by Dreamshoes when they still existed at TRF. I keep having them re-soled and for more years than I can remember they have kept going like the energizer bunny. And they are so unbelievably comfortable even in rough terrain.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Delireus

That is a toughie. I always seem to love the most whatever I get next. If you asked me a year ago, I'd say my favorite piece was my pirate coat bodice from Damsel in this Dress, but after last TRF season I got a great tall Tudor hat from Excalibur Leather, and then that was my favorite, but I just got my first set of fancy fairy wings a few months ago, and now those are my favorite.

I think if I had to pick, I'd say my hat from Excalibur Leather, because for so long I have wanted a hat to 'complete' my outfit, and now I finally have one, I could never imagine not wearing it. :) I've never been able to find a hat I liked better!
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

gem

It's either my pink corset (which I made):

Or my Flaming Orange Chemise (which I bought at a shop at our local mall that sells garb year round (!), so I don't know who made it):

It's a great shame that I haven't yet found a way to wear them *together.*  ;)

Devangelon

Merlin

My Clan Gunn kilt made by Rockey at USA Kilts.
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

LadyFae

Hmm, I would have to say my jewlery from AuntieGiggles.  She made me two necklaces with matching earrings and a girdle and I love them ALL!  I think the girdle is my absolute favorite though, because I can wear it with EVERYTHING I have.  (Which at this point isn't much but I'm trying to remedy that!)  =D
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Hatter

I have accumulated so much over the years it is a little difficult to choose just one piece, however I would have to say my weathered Macdonald tartan kilt from Celtic Croft is my favorite.

LadyStitch

I love my Moresca bodice, since it is the most comfey bodice I have ever had.  However, I'd almost say it is a cross between my Medivel mocasins, and Grizzel my Drabbit.  My shoes because I wear them all the time, and right now they are my most favorite shoes.  And Grizzel because he was a gift from the PP. :)  That way both of us have our pirate "parrots".
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

bookwench

Does a mug count as garb?  Coz if so, that would be it.  I lost my first mug in the privy (left it in the stall, washed up, took two steps out before remembering but when I rushed back in it was already gone).  Friends took up a secret collection and bought me a new one - stuffed inside was a tiny handbound book filled with well wishes and "I love you"s!  Made me sniffle. :)

Otherwise, my favorite piece would be my hat - I made it after my first year of sewing for others.  Its a patchwork made of all the scraps leftover from everyone else's costumes.  To this day folks will stop me in the lanes, point to a spot on my head and say "look, there I am!"
"I base most of my fashion taste on what doesn't itch." -G. Radner

MacKee

Sodhoppers  :)

And coming soon...Catskills and probably Sandlers...I can't help myself  ;D
The Order of Culloden Moor

Baron Dacre

Quote from: MacKee on April 15, 2011, 04:50:04 PM
Sodhoppers  :)

And coming soon...Catskills and probably Sandlers...I can't help myself  ;D

ahh shoes!

I love my boots! Very comfy, custom made by the same shop that sometimes provides shoes for Disneyland....
Gregory Fiennes
10th Baron Dacre of the South
(Baron Dacre)

Adriana Rose

Share the link with the class please ;D

Nighthawk

My targe is my favorite:

The one on the left is the original, and the one on the right is the one I made, inspired by the original.

My favorite piece that I didn't make- my box pleated Albannach tartan kilt, which I just got, so I haven't got any pictures yet.