News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Favorite piece of garb.

Started by Adriana Rose, April 14, 2011, 03:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auntiegiggles

My favorite piece of garb is my tall black hat (see profile pic).  I'm even altering a gown so that I can wear my black hat with it  ;D
Everything goes better with giggles

Marietta Graziella

My fave pieces are my hats!  I love hats!  Bigger, grander, more MG-ier!  I make them myself (although I did cheat for my DOW last year and used a blank) and love having them be totally original to each outfit.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Nighthawk

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on April 17, 2011, 02:43:38 PM
My fave pieces are my hats!  I love hats!  Bigger, grander, more MG-ier!  I make them myself (although I did cheat for my DOW last year and used a blank) and love having them be totally original to each outfit.

That's so cool!! Being a reenactor of the Scottish Highlands of the mid 1600's, I haven't got that luxury. Hats were a thing of need; not a luxury item, so much more than a simple knitted bonnet would look too extravagant and out of place with the rest of my outfit. I love the one in your avatar, though, I do have to say!

Marietta Graziella

Quote from: Nighthawk on April 17, 2011, 04:25:13 PM
Quote from: Marietta Graziella on April 17, 2011, 02:43:38 PM

That's so cool!! Being a reenactor of the Scottish Highlands of the mid 1600's, I haven't got that luxury. Hats were a thing of need; not a luxury item, so much more than a simple knitted bonnet would look too extravagant and out of place with the rest of my outfit. I love the one in your avatar, though, I do have to say!

Thank you!  That hat is made from duck cloth covered in fabric that matches the cuffs of the pirate coat.  It's a great color.  But, it's not my favorite hat.   My "epic" hat has fiber optic lights.   8)  LOL
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Nighthawk

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on April 18, 2011, 07:43:22 AM

Thank you!  That hat is made from duck cloth covered in fabric that matches the cuffs of the pirate coat.  It's a great color.  But, it's not my favorite hat.   My "epic" hat has fiber optic lights.   8)  LOL

I have occasionally said that I can't be OCD because the letters are in the wrong order... not that I'm implying that you're OCD or nothin'...  ;D Just kidding. Do you happen to have pics of that coat handy? I'm really curious to see it.

isabelladangelo

My pink linen 1500's Italian dress -because it's fluffy and pretty and as accurate as you possibly can be (100% hand sewn).  Add it with my hand sewn chemise and I'm a very happy camper.   (Honestly, it's really the most comfortable outfit I own.  Half the time, I'd much rather wear it out than jeans and a hoodie!)

MacKee

Quote from: gem on April 14, 2011, 05:49:22 PM
It's either my pink corset (which I made):

I like what the dog is wearing...Clan Gunn?

Sorry Merlin ;D :D

I'll buy you (and your dad) the beverage of you're choice (don't ask for a O'Douls...because I will not buy one of those) Highland games weekend.

See ya there brother!  :) ;) :D ;D
The Order of Culloden Moor

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

My Mary Queen of Scots gown. It's getting a little worse for wear now because I have worn it so much. I replace the trim on the portable forepart each year, as well as pearls as they fall off. But hey! What is garb if it is not worn?
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

isabelladangelo

amy

My favorite piece is the velvet hat I made for my daughter.   Don't know whether it is the hat itself or the girl underneath it but it is a magic hat to me.

Once Debauched

I had to think abut this, but as much as I love my corset, I'm pretty sure it's my über huge skirt I made myself.

The skirt's one panel larger than a full skirt and I love the bulk of it all and because it's made out of cotton bed sheets (Yay Goodwill!) I don't feel bad about roughing it up, purposely staining or even burning holes in it to give it character.
IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot