News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Backstage - a bit long and grumpy.

Started by Baron Dacre, April 18, 2011, 12:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adriana Rose

Its a very unimpressive thing, all you really see is some people taking a smoke break and some porta priv's. Its annoying as a vendor because there are things that I really dont want people getting into and seeing.

I and hear ya on the Techie thing. Granted I was a techie in highschool but still the same thing applies. For some reason the lighting catwalk was the big draw.

Dayna

"I work here". OK, and what is your business need to be in this area as it relates to your job here???

If you're a vendor, you have behind your shop.  If you are a performer, you have behind your stage and/or your "green room".  Vendor staff don't need to be in the "green room" and performers don't need to be behind the shop.

As a member of Entertainment Staff, I cannot smoke (don't anyway) or eat food or drink not procured on site or use non-period utensils or do anything out of character while in sight of the public.  So if I want to take 5 minutes to cram down a PB&J and slug a soda while putting my feet up, I am going to do it backstage.

I put in a 12 hour day, every day, unpaid (unless you count a couple of comp tickets and a pass), and I have EARNED the right to drop character in the one place it's allowed.  And yes, I provide all my own costuming, props, etc.   When I visit a faire as a patron, I stay the heck out of participant land, because, Duh, I'm there as a patron.  If asked to assist a participant, I will be where I do not belong for the minimum amount of time necessary to provide the requested assistance and will have someone responsible to vouch for my "need to be there".

Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven