News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What made me giggle at Scarby (Play Nicely ya'll)

Started by raevyncait, April 18, 2011, 05:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raevyncait

This was my 2nd weekend ever working in a booth at faire. Since the shoppe is just off a main path and next to a pub, I see a LOT. I can't begin to count the number of times a weekend I hear "ooh mommy, mommy, look at the pretty bottles, can I have one?" When there's a breeze blowing and the sun catches the swaying glass, beads, or charms, it almost always pulls folks in.

The other guy working in the booth (aside from the Owner) is fond of hollering
FREE PERFUME!!!!!!
with the purchase of a bottle!

So Saturday, I had on my Odd Bodkin bodice, which I adore, but it truly doesn't do the wonders for my girls that my corset does, but it does enough, apparently, to attract some attention.  A gentleman was standing about 3 feet in front of the booth with a zoom-ish lens on his camera taking photos, ostensibly of the bottles and oils. I thought nothing about it, considering the number of cameras that are about.   After he left, the following conversation ensued
Co-worker: "umm, not to be politically incorrect, or forward, but I don't think he was taking photos of the bottles."
Me: I'm sure he wasn't
Co-worker: Ok, I just thought you should know, just in case, well, umm...
Me: *laughing* Oh no, it's fine, I'm used to it, if it bothered me, I certainly would not have them on display like this...
Co-worker: (also laughing now) Cool, as long as you're cool with it

He's worked faire before, I'm not sure how many, and I'm not sure how many wenches he's worked with in the past, so I just figured he would know I was cool with it, but obviously not.  On Sunday, however, the girls were at their 2nd best possible, as I had on the corset, and well, if he didn't know before Saturday that I'm not shy, he knows now!

My 2nd giggle came from a friend's daughter, who encountered a faerie, an older woman that I don't recall seeing before, who gifted her with a little stone or something, all without saying a word.  8 year old Cammie came rushing back to me and said "I like her, she's nice, and she doesn't even have to talk!"

So what made you giggle this weekend?
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist