News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Dickens on the Strand Galveston

Started by Zardoz, October 24, 2008, 07:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taarna

Wonderful pictures Zardoz! I haven't been through mine yet, but we were there yesterday as well. Had the English Country breakfast at the Ashton Villa and MY What a TREAT that was! Oh we thoroughly enjoyed that!

Went back to the Stand  and was invited to play along in architechtural scavenger hunt. Oh that was fun as well, but a bit tiring! We must have ran up and down the Strand from end to end at least 6 times before finding them all! LOL Grat this is my mother and I both won prizes..although not the day sail on the Elissa, both still very wonderful.

I'll post some pics as soon as I get through them... I'm still going through week 8 TRF pics.... LOL Busy busy busy!!!

Lone Star Rally in Galveston this coming weekend!!! Galveston's coming back folks... Head out and support them! Plan for Mardis Gras too! It's right around the corner!
A chill in the air, over your shoulder, the Ice Queen's cold stare, you can only be one place. The Texas Ren Faire!

Zardoz

Taarna, good seeing y'all down there.  Sandy and my wife still have a few more pics, including some on film (how quaint) that I need to get developed and put on disc. I'll add some as I can.

"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

Taarna

A chill in the air, over your shoulder, the Ice Queen's cold stare, you can only be one place. The Texas Ren Faire!

dbaldock

Quote from: Zardoz on December 08, 2008, 01:16:09 PM

Is that tree leaning, or is it you that's leaning?  LOL   ;D

I was planning to be at DoTS this year, but had to go pick up something near Austin last weekend.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Zardoz

Like a bad vacation slide show, I got a few more!

Here's me reponding to someone saying; "The Guiness tap is working!"

A Dickens wedding.

Hey, it's Capt. Jack!  Lots of people dress as pirates, Galveston Island's first European settlers were Carribean pirates in the early 1800s.
IBRSC# 1619,

LadyShadow

The pictures look marvelous. Wish I could have made it this weekend.  There is always hope for next year.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Zardoz

You know, the only thing wrong with Dickens is that it's only one weekend! I wonder if they would consider 'expanding' it a bit ???
IBRSC# 1619,

LadyShadow

I second that.  Granted I live just a couple of miles from Galveston.  But it would help to get out there if it was more than just one weekend.  I always end up finding out when it is last minute and by then I have plans.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

raevyncait

I don't know about the feasibility of expanding to more than one weekend, but what I do know is that it is ALWAYS the Saturday and Sunday of December, so I put it on my calendar each year as soon as I get the new one.
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Zardoz

Quote from: raevyncait on December 09, 2008, 03:18:47 PM
I don't know about the feasibility of expanding to more than one weekend, but what I do know is that it is ALWAYS the Saturday and Sunday of December, so I put it on my calendar each year as soon as I get the new one.

Always the FIRST Weekend in December!   ;)
IBRSC# 1619,

raevyncait

Quote from: Zardoz on December 09, 2008, 03:56:38 PM
Quote from: raevyncait on December 09, 2008, 03:18:47 PM

Always the FIRST Weekend in December!   ;)

OOPS, that's what I meant... blame the creeping crud I woke up with this morning,  even by the time I posted my brain was NOT firing all of its cells at the same time.
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Taarna

My mom and I made Wiredin.cc website... The English Country Breakfast at the Ashton Villa was exquisit, and WyndnWyre performed for us as we ate... so enchanting...I can't wait till next year.

See if you can spot the Ice Queen Faerie in human form... LOL

http://www.league-city-news.com/Events/Dickens%20on%20the%20Strand%2008/index.htm

Trillium

I do believe I spotted her...
and she needs to smile more!!! ;)
Got faerie dust?

Taarna

I never smile in old style photos. They didn't then. I don't now. LOL

Zardoz

Great pictures Taarna.  We had planned to go to the breakfast but didn't budget for it in time, it's on the calender for next year!

I'm still sorting photos, but here's one that shows Victoria was not the only royalty there, looks like The King was taking care of business at Dickens too!

IBRSC# 1619,