News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Serendipity Haven

Started by alyria stargazer, June 13, 2008, 04:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Element of Air

Yay Chris and I will be there with Eloquent!
Royal Duchess of Air, Music and Beauty in the court of Queen Bonnie.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks, Guppy No. 25

LadyJessica

We're getting a group together from Hosuton to come out there the 20th and 21st.  If anyone in the Houston area wants to join me please let me know so we can arrange a caravan if possible!   ;D
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Queen Bonnie

Huzzah! We need to support this small faire! See you there! Hugs!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Queen Bonnie

All packed and almost ready to go on- the morrow! I am amazed at how much stuff I fit in the Meowmobile!  I used my Big Wand to get it all in! POOF!
See you all soon!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Ginette

Are you going to have these big wands for sale tomorrow?

Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

Queen Bonnie

Yes! Big wands and little wands and Huge Staffs and pirate beads and crystals with gemstones and gemstone cat necklaces too! And one gourd with 2 dragons painted on it!
Lots for sale. 
Wingardium Leviosa!

Thomas Eagle

Look like it could be a good one.  I really do miss the old area.
Honorary Member of the B.S. Crew
Teller of "Memorable" Stories  "Ding" & "D/A"
Part-time Camp Organizer

eloquentXI

Got back to Austin fine, and had a really great time. Wish that I could make it down for Pirates weekend but I'll see everyone Opening Weekend at TRF!

Alyria, you've really got a great start to this. I think you're going to do really great things.

Here's a few photos, the rest of them will be up in a few days!

Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

*Teach*

That was a great way to spend a Saturday!
It's got a long ways to grow, but it looks like it's on the right track!

We'll be back for final weekend for certain.

*my rum and loki flasks were being drained very quickly by many*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Ginette

Alyria and Bill have both poured themselves into getting ready to open! They both deserve so much for all their hard work.

It may still be small but every faire has to start some where right? Everyone can say they were at Serendipity back in the day when it was a small faire and we can swap stories of "I remember when there was only 1 food vendor and water was just $1."

:)

It was great to hear all the laughing, the music and to see the kids run around playing with eachother.
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

LadyJessica

Elo, those are some great pics, especially of Queen Bonnie.  I can't wait for the 20th to get here!!!
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Moon Dawg

Moon)Dawg
Mage of the Majick Box
Keeper of the Pygmypony
Wizard to the Kingdom of Onondaga

Queen Bonnie

Huzzah to Serendipity Haven! The magick is still there! This faire ROCKS!
For a small faire this one is off to a wonderful start! I sold well. There was nonstop entertainment- Bedlam Bards , Belly Dancers, Scott Boswell and his band- (OK they need a name I can spell- Irish walking stick)Kaade, and on Sat a fantastic magician!Even I sang a few songs!
There was archery and beautiful horses, good food and BYOB.
I am tired from Vending- but it was such fun. I think most of the vendors did OK! There was a good mix of vendors.
Great job!Fun Faire!  The magick leftover from the Old Excal lingers- but Serendipity Haven is making it's own New magick!
Wingardium Leviosa!

JackGonzo, MD

Lady Jessica I'm in Houston, have an Escape for the escape, and am willing to help out in any way so I can meet some of you fine folks before TRF.
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Indigo

The opening weekend of Serendipity Haven was this past weekend and it was fantastic. The site is beautiful, and the people running the faire are true rennies who do all they can to make sure we all have a good time. I had the best turkey leg I've ever had. I was going to try the stuffed potato cause I heard good things about it, but I didn't get a chance, so I'll get one this coming weekend. Plus, roasted corn. Yummy.

Amy and I were vendors for the first time and we did good, in fact we did better than we had thought we would. We sold lots of stuff and bought some excellent t-shirts. Saw lots of performers entertaining. We do need to get lots more people out there, of course, so everyone come on out and have a great time. Years from now, you'll want to be able to say you attended Serendipity Haven it's first season.
Here's the link to my pics:
http://www.rensites.com/indigo/Serendipity/

Andi
Gnemesis Gnomie, DRNKNGNM#137
Captain Indigo of the High Ship Inebriation
Claw Membe r
Indigo of Chaos~Warlord of Azaroth
High Coop Brood Hen of C.O.C.T.