News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Serendipity Haven

Started by alyria stargazer, June 13, 2008, 04:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filip

maybe its already been linked, but http://www.pygmypony.net/ has pics from the last weekend...and im on the front page! thats mary and I in our pirate gear.

maybe i can figure out how to make that pic my profile pic...

PapaGnome

Quote from: dbaldock on September 24, 2008, 07:31:10 AM
I enjoyed spending Sunday at Serendipity Haven.

While there, I got to visit with Queen Bonnie's evil twin pirate sister... ;) ...and heard some good musicians and singers, as well.

Also bought a Chainmail Necklace (Black/Blue anodized aluminum) made by PapaGnome/Scolaighe/Mike.  It's pretty cool, and lightweight, too.

Looking forward to next March.

Take Care,
David Baldock

So glad you like the chain!

March should be great, but busy as the Lovely Teanha & I will be getting Married on March 21st...!!!
PaPaGnome
Drunken Gnomes
Commander of the HSI
Royal Order of Landsharks #35

Ginette

Does anyone else have pictures to share?  I'm missing faire and coule use pictures from Serendipity Haven. 
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

alyria stargazer

Greetings Ren Friends,
  Our apologies for the long delay in getting word out about the festival but we wanted to wait until we knew the outcome of the legal negotiations that are underway.
As you were all aware, we were having difficulties during the Festival with the land owner and those leasing the land from him. After the Festival ended, things seemed to be getting better. We got a contract and started planning for next season, but then things got much worse and it is with heavy hearts we must let you all know that we will no longer be at Rocky Hill Ranch. Serendipity Haven must be postponed until we have found a new home. Elvin is looking for land and, when he is able, intends to start again in a better place on land that will be ours. We are currently looking more towards Sana Antonio.
  We thank you all for the support, understanding, and encouragement you showed us in our struggles to make a Fairer that could be enjoyed by all involved. We feel that we have done something quite worthwhile, and look forward to seeing you all once more as we gather to celebrate the wonderful world we cherish.
  Please keep in touch with any helpful information or ideas you might have to offer. We are still learning, and your input is valuable to us. If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or criticism on the subject we welcome it all as we will be doing this in the future. If you are hesitant in joining us again we understand but we will be opening the gates of a new festival in the future and want all our family to be involved in it one way or another.
  Please contact us anytime for anything. I like to think that we all became good friends, made good memories and gained new Family this past season and I don't want the current circumstances to halt any blossoming friendships. I hope to see you all at TRF last weekend and that you had a good time at Serendipity Havens Opening year.   I know that I speak for Bill and Chameleon as well when I say that we couldn't have done it without you and will be in contact so you will know what is going on in the future. I will apologize once again and let you go with a tear and a smile because we did something great and brought a little magic to the world however brief. Thank you once more, but not the last... we will let all of you know more about our future plans as things progress.
  For the time being you will find us at the new festival, Sherwood Forest, getting ready for opening year in 2010. We believe they are going to have a lovely Fairer and can't wait to be a part of it.         
For information go to their website
sherwoodforestfaire.com
Hope to see you all there.
Peace, love and prosperity to you all... Ne'er above you, Ne'er below you, always
beside you...  Namaste'....
Chameleon Dreams
Alyria Stargazer - alyria_stargazer@yahoo.com
Elvin
We are the Music Makers and we are the Dreamers of Dreams...
Mistress of Serendipity Haven..
Guppy No. 64.

Queen Bonnie

This news makes me feel sadder than any words can express.  There will always be a spot in my heart for the wonderful times and great folks at Serendipity Haven! Thanks and hugs to you all for all the hard work and putting together a  Fantastic small faire. Hopefully it will come together again! Anything I can do? Let me know! It was a very positive experience for me! Thank all of you!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

eloquentXI

Just found this and I'm so sorry to hear it Alyria, I know that you and the team you were working with had worked so hard and did really put on a nice little faire with a lot of promises. I know that no matter where you and your team goes, you will accomplish things. I'll look forward to seeing you soon, whether it be at a get-to-gether or it be at Sherwood in a year.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)