News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

First Audition

Started by Widget, April 19, 2011, 11:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Widget

*Flits around nervously*

O.o Have my first faire audition next saturday!! So nervous!!! upping the garb anty... on that note, any good ideas for a top for a male fae? i was thinking poet shirt, but is that too obvious? ideas or suggestion?

EmbyrretheFae

You could wear just about anything and get away with it as there are no set rules for garb.  The poet shirt would be nice, but I'm thinking the sleeveless long shirts with perhaps a sash of some kind.  Very nomadic looking.
What kind of Fae are you planning on portraying?  Colors chosen?  Wings?

More details help with coming up with nifty ideas to get you on your way.  Oh, and best of luck on the audition!

E
"Because I can" ;)

Widget

My colors are red green and brown, im a collector, tinker, and wish granter, my wings are red and iridescent. I have a corseted mens vest thats very cool that ive adorned with leaves, trinkets, and my pet drabbit name Fidget, i have mismatched socks and breeches too

dfloyd888

By chance, do you have some more pictures?  So far, from what you have written, it looks you have invested a lot of time in your character.  The poet's shirt is decent, depending what type of character you want to do.

saphire_glade

pictures are good. I have a hard time visualizing.
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

Widget

sure! here are some pics from last saturday at the Fairy and Elf parade in boulder CO. this is what i have so far and even tho my vest was supposed to be brown when i ordered it, i think it came out much better than i thought. wings are from Wings by Widget (aka me lol)

Me Doing some magic tricks

Standing around

me and a little kiddo! my fave pic from the event

It was chilly out so i wore an undershirt

dfloyd888

Your ear prosthetics look cool.

Widget

EmbyrretheFae

Your pictures are really neat!  I think your off to an excellent start.  Go with what your mood gives you.  Try and assess what worked and what didnt as you performed and then alter as needed.

E
"Because I can" ;)

Widget

Quote from: EmbyrretheFae on April 27, 2011, 07:24:50 AM
Your pictures are really neat!  I think your off to an excellent start.  Go with what your mood gives you.  Try and assess what worked and what didnt as you performed and then alter as needed.

E
THanks Embyrre! THats very good advice. I dont want to get rid of amy of my trinkets, but i did notice that some things need arranging (like my wishing dust bottle) and some things need secureing so they dont fall off (my giant fork) so i will take those into account as i didnt think of that before!

Becky10

Quote from: dfloyd888 on April 27, 2011, 12:18:19 AM
Your ear prosthetics look cool.
Psh, you just THINK they're prosthetic  ;)
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Widget

Widget

Just wanted to let everyone know that i had my audition today and it went very well! wont know if i made it till thursday but as soon as i know you'll know!

Trillium

Got faerie dust?