News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sherwood App?

Started by *Teach*, April 20, 2011, 09:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Teach*

I saw that Scarby had revamped their website and included a much needed and much improved .mobi site that includes a much needed map.
It occurs to me that Sherwood could use an app!
Do we have any app developers about that could design one on Droid and Iphone? (My poor blackberry never gets apps like that so I don't ask any more).
Maybe one that listed the performers, showtimes, food vendors, what pub had what beers, where to catch the next cast performance, and perhaps a map and maybe some kind of scavenger hunt kind of game as well?
It could be sold on the app store for 99 cents like most other apps to recover the cost of any guides not sold at the gate. (I am taking a guess on how much profit is made at the gate on those... not a clue how much really).

*a map to a secret stash of rum would be pretty kewl too... just sayin'*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Gwen aka Punstergal

That's sounds like a fantastic idea.. i'd love a downloadable showtime schedule & map of the site! I bet I'm not the only one that would be willing to pay for it too, cuz I HATE carrying programs and papers, but everyone carries their phones these days.
"Hell hath no fury like an enraged Gryphon Master"

KiltedPrivateer

Someone had brought up this idea once before on this site but I have no idea if anything ever came of it. 
<---  Still not a "smart" phone owner so doesn't do me much good atol (o:
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Melkar

Doesn't necessarily even need to be a "app".  You could design a mobile version of the standard site that could be bookmarked by any device that's got a web browser.  The App would have more glitz and be prettier, but the mobile website would be faster and hit more people with less development effort.
BCNU,
  Melkar

*Teach*

The only reason I was thinking app was to have something that could be fun to play with while out on the grounds. Something like the mario coins one where you had to go to certain places to collect all the coins. Maybe something like that where you had to go to several main areas to collect all the coins and get some kind of little collector prize at the end of it. A faire coin or some other little trinket. And if the coins reset each weekend then the person who collects the most coins overall gets a bigger prize the last weekend even? Basically it's a fancy digital scavenger hunt that steers the patrons to different vendors each week.

*Or collect all the coins for a free shot of rum... I would be a serious coin collector at that point*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com