News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Mae govannen!

Started by Scotty Hunter, April 22, 2011, 08:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty Hunter

Well met, friends. I notice a silent breeze moves through the area. Perhaps we are a little shy? No need to be. I shall place a neutral greeting here to all in the Glade, and rest for a while in the event you feel obliged to greet me.  ;D

I took a wrong turn in the forest of Introductions to the north, but I have regained my path to my proper place among my fellow Elves, and elven-kind.

Quel fara.

~Sylenos Swiftarrow
~May the leaves of your life-tree never turn brown.~

PollyPoPo

Greetings, Sylenos Swiftarrow, whose path has brought you to this place where all are welcome.  Tis often quiet in this peaceful corner which we elves and fey have made our own.

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

MorganaLightskirt

Honor Ruled by Steel    By Blood I am the Protector of the Sacred Steel  (that's what the sword says)

Elennare

Mae govannen!

We do tend to be shy, and I think there are not as many of us as there used to be.  We will talk, though, if someone has a good topic! :)
My (infrequently updated) costume blog: http://manufactorumbrandis.wordpress.com/

Trillium

The elves are returning!!!!  WOOHOO!!
Got faerie dust?

dfloyd888

Welcome.  It has been quiet as of late, but good conversation is quite important as well.

Scotty Hunter

I knew if I sat long enough the elves would return. :)  Nice to meet you all.

As for the good topic... well, I am fresh out of them it seems.  But perhaps I, or someone else, can think of a good topic to post.  :D

Niennis

I'm not an elf, but as a faun, I hope I can be friends to the elves among us!
Hey, why not?

Scotty Hunter

Of course... I happen to be quite fond of fauns in all their goaty goodness.  :D

Niennis

*Happy dance* Bleat bleat!
Hey, why not?

Scotty Hunter

Hope the weather has been well in your areas. It has been typical here. Rain, rain, rain and the other day we even got some rain. Levee's have been breached down south, valleys around here have flooded, and loads of mud and that lovely Missouri red clay is everywhere you look.

Was walking around the other day looking for morels (mushrooms) and ended up stepping into a little sinkhole of red clay. Managed to get clay up my pantleg almost to the knee. Not fun, least I didn't lose my shoe in that hole because I was not going to stick my hand in there and search for it. :D

Today has been beautiful, though a bit windy. Sun is warm, and breeze is cool. To me, the perfect spring day. About 85 degrees or so. Rained a bit this morning but nothing major.

The only problem with such nice days.... bugs.  I don't like bugs that much. Especially junebugs. And wasps. And grasshoppers. I have a personal issue with grasshoppers. Not the little ones, those are fine, but those big green 4 inch monsters that fly and make the FLITFLITFLIT sound! Locusts, I believe they are likened. Had an issue as a kid with one of those, and of course as a child everything looks much bigger. Landed on my shirt, pretty much under my chin, and HELD ON.  I did the "omg omg! get it off me!" dance and the thing would not let go!!  Ended up running screaming and crying to my mom... turns out when I got there and begged for help, the gasshopper had already gotten off somewhere along my frantic run. Talk about adding insult to injury. :-\

Since that day, I don't like anything about grasshoppers except for the crunch of one under my shoe. *shudder*

Elennare

It has been cold and rainy, here.  Not nearly so rainy as in the south, but we're setting or coming close to setting, records for cold and wet for April and May.  We could use the rain, since we had a rather dry winter, but this is not spring weather!  I want my spring! :)

I had a large-ish (maybe 2 inches long?) grasshopper end up in my boot once!  Wearing knee-high boots, that were pretty tight around my legs, walking back to the car after faire.  Was almost to my car, after walking through some tall grass, when I felt something in my boot.  It quickly settled under my arch, so I figured I'd deal with it when I got to my car.  At the car, I sat down, pulled off my boot, and dumped a rather shocked looking grasshopper into my hand!  We stared at each other for a minute, both wondering exactly how that managed to happen, and then he hopped away. :)
My (infrequently updated) costume blog: http://manufactorumbrandis.wordpress.com/

Scotty Hunter

Quote from: Elennare on May 11, 2011, 10:38:46 AM
At the car, I sat down, pulled off my boot, and dumped a rather shocked looking grasshopper into my hand!  We stared at each other for a minute, both wondering exactly how that managed to happen, and then he hopped away. :)

You are braver than I in that situation, I would have had a panic with the horrid little creature. Was riding in the passenger seat through some southern state a couple years back, window all the way down, arm hanging out watching the desert go by and an oversized grassmonster came zooming right in the window smacking into my neck and falling down to my lap. Thank the powers that be I was not driving because I nearly had a heart attack.

I love butterflies and moths, enjoy lightning bugs and ladybugs, was watching a female wasp on her nest earlier today - if she would have flown towards my face I likely would have flipped over backward to get away from her, sitting there though, going about her own business, she was quite interesting. But grasshoppers and spiders are pretty well tied for my #1 "not happening" spot. lol!

redkimba

Quote from: Sam I Am on April 22, 2011, 08:10:00 PM
Well met, friends. I notice a silent breeze moves through the area. Perhaps we are a little shy? No need to be. I shall place a neutral greeting here to all in the Glade, and rest for a while in the event you feel obliged to greet me.  ;D

I took a wrong turn in the forest of Introductions to the north, but I have regained my path to my proper place among my fellow Elves, and elven-kind.

Quel fara.

~Sylenos Swiftarrow

Sorry for the delay in my response.  I was putting a new addition on the house; I promise it is bigger on the inside than it looks:

Magpie Flynn

Quote from: redkimba on June 02, 2011, 10:34:23 PM
Quote from: Sam I Am on April 22, 2011, 08:10:00 PM

Quel fara.

~Sylenos Swiftarrow

Sorry for the delay in my response.  I was putting a new addition on the house; I promise it is bigger on the inside than it looks:

Ooo Lovely!

Scotty Hunter

Indeed!!  Im envious of whoever inhabits that quaint little home.