News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Time to get excited about the 2011 season

Started by Hausfrau Monica, April 23, 2011, 09:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hausfrau Monica

Hey everyone! Time to come out of hibernation and start thinking about faire.

I believe that first up is the Great Northern Medieval Fayre just outside of Collingwood the last weekend in May.  This is my "home" faire and I am really looking forward to it.  Linda has been working very hard to improve upon last year's first attempt; there will be a feast this year.

Aelynn and I had a wonderful lunch yesterday catching up on lots of things and talking faire and garb.  I gave her a bolt of fabric so I know she will be busy busy busy sewing new garb for her girls and herself.

My excitement is building and I am secretly hoping that I don't find work too soon so that I have time to work on perfecting my pretzels to sell at faire.  Still a work in progress but I hope that it will happen if I can figure out a reasonable food cost.  So, come on now and share your excitement about our new faire season.  Who has plans already made, who has new garb, what shows will be coming, who will be attending where?????

Cornwall

I can hardly wait for the Country Renaissance Festival and Pirate Festival ;D.  Just wish that the Casa Loma Renaissance Festival wasn't canceled :(.

Hausfrau Monica

I agree with you, Cornwall.

Next up after GNMF is the one in Milton.  We are planning on attending that one too.  What is the next faire after that?

LadyJuliana

After Country Ren Fest (June 4-5), the year's schedule is...

Enchanted Ground aka Faery Fest in Guelph (June 18-19)

The Pirate Festival in Milton (July 30 - Aug 1)

Royal Medieval Faire in Waterloo (Sept 17)

As far as I know, that's it for this year! We won't be making it to Collingwood, but we'll be at all the others. See you there!

Hausfrau Monica

Oh no....you and Raven will be missed, my Lady.

How are your plans for camping at Country Renn Fest coming?

LadyJuliana

I hope someday we'll make it up there, but right now we'd basically be getting there in time to come back, LOL.

Very good for the camping - we practiced this weekend in my parents' backyard!  ;D Tent was easy to put together & take down. Hardest part was pumping the air mattress by foot!  ::)

I believe we'll be able to make do okay. Probably tomorrow we will do the test packing, to check how easy it will all be to carry. It'll basically be from the car to the GO train, then we switch at Union to the GO bus for Milton. Someone will pick us up at the station, so all should go well!

Cornwall

I don't think I'll be able to make it to the Country Renaissance Festival.  My handler isn't feeling too well and the allergies seem to be catching up with me.  I know I promised Dougal I'd take him so I'm not going to hear the last of it from him.  Not that a little tummy rub can fix.  For sure I'll be at the Pirate Festival.

Hausfrau Monica

Us too....and I so wanted to show off my new garb and see Aelynn's family and reconnect with faire friends.  I will be sad all weekend but we are determined to be there for Pirate Fest too.

Lady Anne Clare

I'll be at the Pirate Festival this year.  I'm searching for little battery operated fans for my Mum so the heat won't be such a bother for her.  I'll be (hopefully) wearing my new pink garb
I love historical sewing for the lack of zippers ;)

Cornwall

Quote from: Lady Anne Clare on June 03, 2011, 11:11:49 PM
I'll be at the Pirate Festival this year.  I'm searching for little battery operated fans for my Mum so the heat won't be such a bother for her.  I'll be (hopefully) wearing my new pink garb

Love the Red Queen outfit.  Very nice! :)

Lady Anne Clare

Quote from: CornwallTheDragon on June 04, 2011, 08:42:34 AM
Love the Red Queen outfit.  Very nice! :)

Thank you :)

That was what I made for Halloween.
I love historical sewing for the lack of zippers ;)

Cornwall

I really hate to be the bringer of bad news but I don't think I'll be able to make it to the Pirate Festival this year.  My father is having knee replacement surgery and my mother has recently suffered a stroke.  I was looking so much to going this year.  Was going to bring Dougal along. :(

Hausfrau Monica

You will be missed, Cornwall.

I am so looking forward to being there....only our second faire this season.  I have begged and pleaded for the  Sunday off from my new job...she has put me on the schedule twice now, but I have gotten it off.  Here's hoping that the weather will be kind to us.

Cornwall

Quote from: Hausfrau Monica on July 20, 2011, 06:37:29 AM
You will be missed, Cornwall.

I am so looking forward to being there....only our second faire this season.  I have begged and pleaded for the  Sunday off from my new job...she has put me on the schedule twice now, but I have gotten it off.  Here's hoping that the weather will be kind to us.

In lighter news it seems that my mother didn't have a stroke but still have no idea what she had.  Maybe it's just something to do when we all get older.  Anyways there might be a chance that I can make it.  It'll either be on Sunday or Monday.

SwordintheStoneCrafts

Did anyone go to the faire in Morrisberg or Ottawa this summer?

Six days to the Pirate Festival! Who's going?
fine leathergoods for the new renaissance