News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Highland Weekend

Started by Bonny Pearl, April 23, 2011, 07:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

For those who chose to stay home today (Sunday)..... you missed out on some great weather. No rain...stayed nice and cool until about 5:00 when it got COLD for us regimental types.

I hate that I missed out on some great folks this weekend.... but next weekend will come soon enough. I will be there both days..... I LOVE FAIRE ! ! !
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Al-Nimer

Indeed, the weather was near perfect for heavy/noble garb.

We started getting cold about 3 to 4 o'clock at Belly Dance Treasures...I really felt bad for the dancers, and let one borrow my cloak most of the day since I had 2 shirts & a vest on  ::)

I stayed warm most of the time, getting hot tea twice from the bakery...I was just REALLY happy that it did not rain on us except for a few sprinkles the first half hour of the day  :)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Lady Kett

Agreed, all things considered, the weather was great. Looking at the forecast in the morning you'd have thought there would be storms all day long and everyone would be covered in mud. A little sprinkle in the morning and that was it. At least until closing, it was trying to start again, but the power of the cloaks kept it at bay, at least till we got out of Ellis County! :)

Favorite line of the day from the Pub Sing - "Would the last two people in jeans and t-shirts please turn out the lights?"

LadyStitch

The PP and I were planning on going Saturday but between a snafu with the current show, and me getting a sinus infection, Saturday didn't end up in the cards.  As for Sunday the PP was dtill wiped from the show before, and I was still feeling poorly. We just didn't make it.  Hopefully, we an make it this Saturday, if not, we will do Sunday, maybe even until the pub sing ;)
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.