News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Romanceteers Ball - July, 2nd + 3rd, RenDezvous 2011

Started by Capt Spleen, April 26, 2011, 09:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Spleen

Romanceteers Ball  RenDezvous  2nd + 3rd July, 2011 @ CRF

What is Romanceteers Ball?
Romanceteers Ball is not a dance.
It's getting to know your RF members that will be attending the 2011 RenDezvous.
It is between men and women, 21 and older.
You will have two days at faire – Saturday and Sunday, to achieve the gift of giving a small bauble, gift, giving, memory, playful forward.
It's like a gift exchange with a twist. Instead of an exchange, it will consist of a random drawing of names from a hat. One by female, the other by male. Those playing will get a name of a person,  to give a gift to. Then your name will be drawn for another  person to give YOU a gift. You probably will not get the person that you will be giving a gift to. (But it could happen that way). (It's sort of a paying it forward exchange)  You will know the person you are giving a gift to. BUT you will not know who is giving YOU a gift.
The other twist will be, that you should employ another person to do the Giving for you.  (This is called a HIT) Thus you are employing a Hit Person to do your bidding.
The gift you get should be something about your preferences in a list of favorites.          
Likewise the gift you give should be derived from the information you receive about the person you get drawn for you.  
It can be romantic, funny, serious, fun, silly, but please, be respectful.
It is not intended to be a match making endeavor. However, if it becomes that, then the best of luck to those it captures.                                                                    
We will have a list that you will fill out if you are playing the game.
Can you play if you are married, or have a significant other? ..... Yes, remember it is all in fun and getting to know your fellow RF'ers and using your imagination.
Example: CaptSpleen gets Blushing as the person he has drawn to give a gift to. He asks (employs) Demetrius as his Hit Person to give her Purple flowers (in her preference list she lists purple flowers as her favorite) in some grand or memorable manner.  Blushing gets Hey-Aren't-You as the person to give a gift to. She employs Lavender as her hit person to give him an elephant favor (he says elephants are his favorite animal in his preferences). Lavender presents him with the favor in some lavish manner. Etc.......
In the end, at the end of Sunday, you can then reveal to the person that you were the person that orchestrated the HIT upon your drawn person.
The price of the gift shall be between 5 and 10 dollars.
Below is the list you will fill out and send to me in a private ren mail.
(You do not have to answer every question if you do not want to.)

The list:
Favorite Color:
Favorite Animal:
Favorite type of Water :  
Favorite Author:
Favorite Play/Movie:
Favorite Food:
Favorite Flower:
Anything else you might want to add:

Only the person that draws you will see your Preferences forwarded by us. (so, only I  will see them, and this list will not be used to gather any info about you or used for other websites or any other purpose than the game). This is meant to be fun.

So who's going to play? The more the merrier!

TimeLine/Due Date: All those who want to play should have their completed list sent to me by Saturday, June 4th, so that we can do the draw, and get the info to all players, giving them ample time to conceive a gift giving plan prior to attending RenDezvous  4 weeks later.  
I'll update the players in the next post.........

Capt Spleen

Those playing:
* names in RED indicate Favorite list has been received *

Men: CaptSpleen, Kariuss, Sir Garath, Gauwyn of Bracknell, Saber, Toki Bloodaxe

Special Mystery Guest: He, She, Them??

Special Mystery Guest (CRF Cast): Him, Her?

Women: Ms Trish, Marietta Graziella, Rani Zemirah, Addilay,
           Lady de Laney, Blushing,

Ms Trish

If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

LadyStitch

Put  the Pink Pirate and I down.  It sounds like fun.  I'll send you both our lists as soon as I can.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Marietta Graziella

I think this will be fun!  Count me in!

List to follow.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Adriana Rose

Francisco Paula

Capt Spleen

You need not be a romanceteer at all Sir Garath, just willing to play a fun game.
Bollocks! Ye don ev'n have ter dance purty!

I'm taken you response as a yes, you are playing the game.  ;D

Adding you to the gamers list! I'll be lookin' fer that Favorite list from you very soon!

Merlin

Hey Spleen..... did you leave some Mikes Hard Lemonade in my cooler at Scarborough Faire?
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Marietta Graziella

I'm surprised more people haven't signed up for this ongoing fun adventure over the weekend. 

C'mon folks... it's not a match making endeavor.  It's like a suped up Secret Santa game at work.  Think of it as a sort of a scavenger hunt for friends.   :D
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I'd be willing but I will only be there on Saturday
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Addilay

I would like to play. May we give more than one gift, like one-a-day if the total is $5-$10? Or, would it make it too complicated?
Of Course!  More wine!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on May 02, 2011, 11:40:05 AM
when does one find out thier Romancetee?

I guess if would have comprehended the original post, my question was answered there (dang mead !!)

I, too, will play.

Do you want the list sent via 'Personal Message'? or post on line?

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Capt Spleen

@ Lady de Laney: You can play even if you are there one day. I'll be certain to make sure those get a match with others that will be attending on corresponding days.

@ Gauwyn of Bracknell: You will get notice of your Romancetee within one week after the deadline, for all Favorite lists to be received
which will be by the following weekend of June 11th 2011.
And please send your personal Favorite list to me via Private Ren mail. (Personal Message)

@ Addilay: If it suits you to give two gifts that would be OK too. Just trying to make it as easy a possible by doing one,
but if you want to be extra creative, I suggest, you may want to think of two different "Hit" persons to deliver each gift. Which would really make your romancetee quarry, think twice....... pun intended!