News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Romanceteers Ball - July, 2nd + 3rd, RenDezvous 2011

Started by Capt Spleen, April 26, 2011, 09:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

(sigh)  I have been hoping against hope that a particular job would come through that would allow me to make it to RenDezvous... but it doesn't look like that's going to happen, now.  I'm so sorry to have to withdraw at the last moment, but better before you have sent out Quaries than after, I guess...  :( 

I was so looking forward to this small, but highly entertaining, bit of intrigue... 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Capt Spleen

Rani, sorry to hear you'll not be able to attend RenDezvous, and the Ball.
Let us know if you have a stroke of fortune that allows you to be here with us.

Rani Zemirah

Oh, believe me... if that happens I'll be shouting it from the rooftops!!! 

You have no idea how much I want to be there... or how much I miss my mountains! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Capt Spleen

OK, I have sent "Dance Partner" matches to all playing the Romanceteers Ball.

A couple of you have been matched up with Special Mystery Guests. Please keep them a secret to yourselves so as not to spoil the surprise for others attending RenDezvous 2011.

If you did not receive your private ren mail with your match, please inform me ASAP.

This gives everyone just under 2 weeks to devise your "hits" (gift giving) to your matches.
(to decide what gift/s to get and how to utilize others in giving those gifts for you)
Then  you will have two days July 2 + 3 to do your hits, unless anyone is only attending just one day, let me know ASAP so I can let your "Gifters" know this information.

And remember, have fun, be creative, use your imaginations and above all, be respectful.

If you require assistance or have any questions, Private Mail me, @ Capt Spleen

Marietta Graziella

Got my person!  What fun to sort out little gifts.  I hope to help make the weekend more enjoyable with the added surprises.   :)
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Capt Spleen

Vexed Viscount

"A witty Saying proves nothing" -Voltaire

Capt Spleen

I was reminded recently that all those playing here, can indeed do more than one "hit", using more than one person, such as for example:

One could be the delivery of a flower, the main $10 gift, or broken into a couple gifts $5 apiece, in addition others could be a non $ item such as the delivery of a poem, or letter, etc.

So you could do as many "hits" as you desire, which will really keep your quarry off balance and wondering...... in a good way.

Ms Trish

I've purchased, planned, and plotted...I'm ready to go! This is going to be fun! To my partner...I hope you enjoy!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Tanda

*psst*
I'm available to deliver items for anyone needed such service. But don't tell those recieving them.
And unfortunately, I didn't pack my calligraphy stuff, so no hand written notes of joy.  :(
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Capt Spleen

Thank you Tanda for offering your most exquisite skills in the delivery of all things........ deliverable.

My Imagination seeps...... Renaissance Deliverance, with dueling Lutes, on the water at the cliffs of Dover!

To all playing: I strongly suggest that if you are still in need of a hit ren person, Tanda is your lass!

(She used to be the town crier, and cried out strong and steafast in the lanes, at front gate, and as well as an enthusiatic Joust Cheerleader.)

Capt Spleen

With the RenDezvous 2011 Romanceteers Ball now past us, I would like to conclude with the "Reveals" (who eachothers "dance partners") were:

Blushing         gifted   Kariuss, Kariuss                   gifted,  Ms. Trish
Lady DeLaney  gifted  Saber,   Saber                     gifted,  Lady Addilay
MG               gifted   Toki,      Toki                       gifted,  Syrilla
Lady Addilay   gifted   Lord High Sheriff, LH Sheriff   gifted,  MG
Syrilla           gifted    Sir Garath,   Sir Garath         gifted,  Lady DeLaney
Ms. Trish        gifted   Gauwyn,      Gauwyn            gifted,  Blushing

I was looking for an extra male player and got the Lord High Sheriff to play, which at the time made 7 and 7 players of each gender.
When Rani Zemirah could not attend, I backed out. But I did take great pleasure in assiting as a hit person for a few of you, and applying my own brand of delivery with a few twists and additions...... To see your eyes light up and even a squee and a squeel sneek out was shear delight for me.

Thank you all for playing so well!

Let us know what you received and how it was presented, and who you might have thought was the one gifting you via hit persons.

Rani Zemirah

Oh, it sounds like a wonderful time was had by all, and I sooo wish I had been there to play! 

I'm very sorry you were unable to participate because of me, though, Captain...  :(  I must think of some way to make it up to you! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Capt Spleen

No worries Rani,
I know you would have had a blast employing your wit and creative skills to this game.

Another faire time, another faire place......

Syrilla

My partner was Toki, and my hitter (doesn't sound quite right) was our very own Spleen.  Who took great delight in presenting a very cold bodice chiller to me while my eyes were closed!  A shock to say the least, but very much enjoyed later that day!