News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Call for writers and characters

Started by Niennis, July 30, 2011, 12:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niennis

Anyone interested in creating a new story?

I would love to show at least two sides of the renaissance time period: royalty and fantasy. Peasants are, of course, welcome, as are pirates, rogues, gypsies, tramps and thieves...

All sorts of fantasy critters are welcome, too. No ubers, but dragons, faeries, elves, fauns, gryphons, so on so forth, please do join!

There is no plot set in stone, but I think it would be fun to show how much the faeries influence the royal court, even if especially when the courts have no idea.

Writing can be in first or third person, though if a character is someone else's don't make them jump off a cliff or anything without permission from the owner.

If anyone is interested, go ahead and post here to let me know so we can get this ball rolling :D
Hey, why not?

DonaCatalina

I'd like to, but its too hot to think that hard right now.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Xantrawler

Can we have a confused wizard who thinks he is a bard and plays his wand as if it is a flute, has a singing voice that sounds like two cats fighting in a barrel and chases imaginary butterflies? We can discuss his taste in clothing later.

Rowan MacD

I'd like to participate. ;D   A few years back I was writing with a paranormal fiction group. 
  We had werewolves, vamps, fairies and necromancers (my department) but the site we were using crashed and we lost all our work.  We didn't have the heart to try to put our 'virtual world' back together.

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Niennis

Quote from: Rowen MacD on August 04, 2011, 05:05:30 PM
  I'd like to participate. ;D   A few years back I was writing with a paranormal fiction group. 
  We had werewolves, vamps, fairies and necromancers (my department) but the site we were using crashed and we lost all our work.  We didn't have the heart to try to put our 'virtual world' back together.

That's a shame! Necromancers are always an interesting addition because they are rarely written about in detail (at least that I've found). I'd like to gather a couple more people, but I'd love to have you writing with :D
Hey, why not?