News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Tornados

Started by Rowan MacD, April 28, 2011, 12:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

Prayers and good energy going out to those affected by the Tornado outbreak yesterday.  Our relatives in Rome, Ga. reported no injuries, but they lost part of their roof.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Merlin the Elder

yeah...it's been a real mother! I'm trying to divert some good energy toward Alabama. Helluva hit there...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

lordwriothsley

My heart definitely goes out to those people as well. Thankfully none of my relatives who happen to live in Tennessee by the way were hurt but that was quite a hit those people took out there so they are definitely in my thoughts and prayers at this time.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

BamaWoodsman

A large portion of my mothers family as well as both my brother and sister are all in the Tuscaloosa area. Our house, where my brother and sister live, (students @ UofA), was hit in the first round a few weeks ago. My grandparents house was directly in the path of devastation yesterday, by some miracle the structure is still standing, but the house is a total loss. Thankfully they are OK and my brother was able to get to them yesterday and get them and their valuables out of the house. They had lived in that house for the last 60 years.

Unfortunately I'm already getting reports of looting happening in the rougher parts of Tuscaloosa, and my grandparents house was near some of those areas. Hopefully this is isolated and does not turn into a repeat of New Orleans/Katrina.

Thankfully all of my family and friends seem to have made it out OK, but we are far from knowing what the true death toll will be. Many of my friends barely missed being in the path and it is unbelievable just how close some of them came to be gone. Several friends came out of there safe spot to find the rest of their house/apartment missing. I can only hope that in the days to come God and the community can come together to bring order back to the area and help all of the people of Tuscaloosa and the rest of the areas affected.