News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Whatcha got?

Started by Merlin, April 29, 2011, 04:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francisco Paula

Okay what is up with driving to work and having a car next to me cover in snow in May, oh and seeing snowflakes mixed in with all the rain. Just last weekend it was in the 80's.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Sir Garath on May 12, 2011, 08:21:21 AM
Okay what is up with driving to work and having a car next to me cover in snow in May, oh and seeing snowflakes mixed in with all the rain. Just last weekend it was in the 80's.

This IS Colorado and I have seen snow in Longmont in July (Just north of Denver low altitude and all)
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Norfolk

Quote from: Sir Garath on May 12, 2011, 08:21:21 AM

What it is, Sir Garath, is business as usual for springtime in Colorado.  

Just call me "Your Grace"

Merlin the Elder

You are making it really tempting to move there!! I'm a cold-weather person living in Mid-South Hell...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Ms Trish

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on May 12, 2011, 09:31:27 AM
You are making it really tempting to move there!! I'm a cold-weather person living in Mid-South Hell...

I was thinking just the opposite! I have family living in Denver and they keep telling me how wonderful it is to live there. I'm NOT a snow person living in Minnesnowta of all places.
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Norfolk

Sounds to me like Merlin Sr. & Ms. Trish should consider simply swapping places!

Francisco Paula

The interesting thing is we really don't normally get alot of snow in denver it normally hits the mountains. Like with the rain denver is getting they got 10 plus inchs of snow in the mountains.

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Baron on May 12, 2011, 09:59:22 AM
Sounds to me like Merlin Sr. & Ms. Trish should consider simply swapping places!

I'm not sure that Nimue would be amenable to swapping... OH! You meant locations! Never mind!

By the way, Baron, some of the folks from our home shire of Scarbourough—led by Lady Kett, if I'm not mistaken—have come up with a way of keep references to myself and to my young namesake straight. As you know, he is quite devoid of any hair above his shoulders, and my beard is beginning to get long. Envision this: Speak the name "Merlin" as you run your open hand from front to back across your head to indicate my son, or speak "Merlin" as you draw your hand downward from your chin to indicate me. The person to whom you are speaking will then know to which Merlin you are referring.

Lady Kett

We might need to make a You-Tube video to teach that, Merlin!

Merlin the Elder

Well, my boy does have some film experience... Don't know how many stunts will be required, but as long as he does the stunts, I can do the handsome leading man part... (BWAAhhahahahaha, oh sh!*, that hurt!)

Norfolk

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on May 12, 2011, 10:41:29 AM
Quote from: Baron on May 12, 2011, 09:59:22 AM

By the way, Baron, some of the folks from our home shire of Scarbourough—led by Lady Kett, if I'm not mistaken—have come up with a way of keep references to myself and to my young namesake straight. As you know, he is quite devoid of any hair above his shoulders, and my beard is beginning to get long. Envision this: Speak the name "Merlin" as you run your open hand from front to back across your head to indicate my son, or speak "Merlin" as you draw your hand downward from your chin to indicate me. The person to whom you are speaking will then know to which Merlin you are referring.

No video required, Merlin.  I get it.  And I like it.  You'll be one of the first that I seek out at the meet'n'greet -- after MG and Ms. Trish, of course.