News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2011 MIRF COUNTDOWN!!!!

Started by flidais, April 30, 2011, 02:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NefariousDrO

I'm looking forward to opening day, I'm bringing some newbies along for the ride. Here's to getting more folks addicted!

flidais

Yeah for newbies!!!  hehehheeee

Well I think I finally have decided on what I'm wearing opening weekend.  I don't know why it's always so hard to decide.  And knowing me I'll change my mind again before then, but at least I have an idea.  Does anyone else have this problem, or am I just that crazy???

Poldugarian Warrior

Can't make it opening weekend. Selfridge is having their Air Show, so i'll definitely be going to that.
But, can't wait till weekend after that and the Labor Day weekend.

Wickedvox

Quote from: flidais on August 09, 2011, 03:01:42 PM

Well I think I finally have decided on what I'm wearing opening weekend.  I don't know why it's always so hard to decide.  And knowing me I'll change my mind again before then, but at least I have an idea.  Does anyone else have this problem, or am I just that crazy???

I always dress for the weather--cotton and linen garb if it's going to be hot, tweed and wool if it's going to be cool. I went to Silver Leaf last weekend in my recently completed green linen garb. It was SO hot, but I was fairly cool--even in me underskirt and bloomers!! Cute little faire btw. They're jousters are actual competitive ones--SO much better than Holly's! Couple of good bands too...I'd go again. Especially if I needed accessories as theirs are a little cheaper than Holly's too. ANY whoo...I do prattle on. :)
"Not all those who wander are lost..."

NefariousDrO

Quote from: flidais on August 09, 2011, 03:01:42 PM

I don't think you're crazy, but I rarely have that problem because I spend the major part of the year preparing something elaborate and complex for the festival. I got started down that path when I made my "dragon scale armor" and somehow got hooked on 4-month-long projects. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, I'm just learning a bit more about how obsessive-compulsive I can be is all.

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

Only 7 and a half hours 'til opening!

PhoenixRose

Sad that I am not there right now, but I will make it tomorrow! Have fun everyone!

NefariousDrO

Opening day was a blast! Good crowd, lots of fun up until the rain started in, that is. Thanks everyone for making my newbie friends welcome, they were highly impressed with the faire.

Poldugarian Warrior

Well, I made it this past Saturday and will be there tomorrow. Have to see many more shows only got to a few the first day.

Lord Clisto of York

I am planning on being there this Sunday the 25th only. Can't get off early Friday night to drive there for sat and sun. Wish I could. But, I guess one day is better than none like last year. Who else will be there this Sunday so that I may meet up and say hello once again to old friends and make new ones.

lord Clisto, Duke of York
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Celtic Lady

Hopefully we will see you there. Morgan and I will be meeting with friends of ours there (you met Angie earlier in the season). They are celebrating their first anniversary on Sunday and we are celebrating our second.

Lord Clisto of York

Just finished posting my pictures from this past Sunday at the Michigan Renaissance Faire. What a fantastic time seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I love this faire. To see the pictures, click on the link below. Enjoy..

http://www.sirclisto.com/holly/holly.html

Lord Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished