News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faire is dangerous

Started by BLAKDUKE, May 02, 2011, 09:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLAKDUKE

I may not return ever again.  I went with friends to have a grand time and that I had.  However as many of you know the faire has the ASPCA there with rescued animals.  Unfortunately my wife saw one and before I knew it we were the proud owners of another dog.  Oh well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What's one more mouth to feed. 
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Merlin the Elder

I don't think it's the faire that is the hazard. It's either the ASPCA or the wives... I have two rescue dogs (the little one is 100+ pounds), two adopted feral cats, and Nim seems to think that she should leave food out for the squirrels, raccoons and possums. The dogs don't eat as much as they used to, so I'm only going through 50-60 pounds of dog food a month now. Good thing I like dogs...  :)
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Rowan MacD

My sister likes to put out food for the feral cats.  The problem with that is that skunks like it too........
  I am grateful our faire does not have an adoption center (yet).  I would have waaaay too many animals.

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

dbaldock

Quote from: BLAKDUKE on May 02, 2011, 09:19:21 AM
I may not return ever again.  I went with friends to have a grand time and that I had.  However as many of you know the faire has the ASPCA there with rescued animals.  Unfortunately my wife saw one and before I knew it we were the proud owners of another dog.  Oh well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What's one more mouth to feed. 

So, the next time you go to Faire, you might try taking the rescued dog, and leaving the wife at home...   ;)   ;D
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

BLAKDUKE

Well I tried logc but it did not work out.  I said since you have 2 dogs maybe I could have a belly dancing housekeeper, and she said only if she does windows and laundry  Well it was an pening, butI could not find one.

Bloody Hell

Lady Christina de Pond

blackduke i want the dane they had opening weekend but i don't think i would have a place to live if i brought that beast home and s80 would not be happy with her mommie
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: Lady Christina de Pond on May 03, 2011, 01:10:41 PM
blackduke i want the dane they had opening weekend but i don't think i would have a place to live if i brought that beast home and s80 would not be happy with her mommie

If it was a harlequin dane and being held by a large nordic blonde, then not to worry, it is not available.  It was my understanding that she has that dane herself and will not allow it to be adopted as it had gone thru some long term abuse(God grant that I someday observe someone abusing a dog, as I will send that someone to Osamas' new hideaway).       

Becky10

Quote from: BLAKDUKE on May 03, 2011, 03:22:29 PM
Quote from: Lady Christina de Pond on May 03, 2011, 01:10:41 PM

If it was a harlequin dane and being held by a large nordic blonde, then not to worry, it is not available.  It was my understanding that she has that dane herself and will not allow it to be adopted as it had gone thru some long term abuse(God grant that I someday observe someone abusing a dog, as I will send that someone to Osamas' new hideaway).       

Here, here! I went psycho on some guy at the beach who was flinging his jack russel by its neck. I have no patience or respect for people like that.

On happier note: Congrats on the new doggie woggie and I think I speak for all when I say "Where's the pictures!?"
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Rowan MacD

IWG wench #3139 

BLAKDUKE

well i would but i do have nor do i want a photobucket account.  I have enough accounts around that I have to keep track of.  If someone would put them out there I will send them to you.

BLAKDUKE

Well it seems that I have to stand corrected and in error.   It would appear that I must have gotten cross fingered when first attempting to create a photobucket account since it asked for my credit card number.  If it's free WHY WOULD THEY NEED IT.  In any event it seems that somewhere along the way I created a photobucket account.  With that here are the puppy photos that were asked for, although I can't really call them "puppy" photos as the dog is 1 1/2 years old.

http://s1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb454/blakduke/

PS.  I apologize to all those that have helped in the past posting photos as it seems that I was able to do it myself.

Rowan MacD

Too cute.  He looks so happy to finally come home!

Photobucket is sooo handy for parking images that can't be directly uploaded to a site or forum because of bandwidth issues. Animated avatars are a good example.  I use it for pictures I post on this site.
   I back up all my important pics there also, in case of fire, flood or other calamity. If your computer and your chips/discs are destroyed, you still have what is saved on Photobucket.  I can attest to that. 
IWG wench #3139 

BLAKDUKE

Oh I am remiss with the info.   

The doggies name is Lady Marguerite D'Ville     Renn-dog for short

Lady Christina de Pond

Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari