News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Well, I was wrong...

Started by Rapier Half-Wit, June 10, 2011, 01:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rapier Half-Wit

http://www.benningtonvalepress.com/2011/06/department-of-education-swat-team-raids.html

In a previous news article I had read that the US Department of Education (a Federal agency) had had a local California SWAT team kick in the door to a private residency, to collect on a student loan.

As it turns out, the news article didn't have all it's facts straight. The DoE didn't have the SWAT team collect a student loan for them.

No, as it turns out, the DoE has it's own para-military force.

"An official who oversees government enforcement services clarified on Thursday that federal agents with the Office of the Inspector General (OIG), not local police or S.W.A.T. units, served the search warrant. Relti Floda, secretary of the Office of Recovery and Weaponized Enforcement Leverage (ORWEL), explained that the OIG is a semi-independent branch of the U.S. Department of Education that executes warrants for criminal offenses such as student aid fraud and embezzlement.

"We try to keep these branches of government low profile, but the OIG has been gaining attention lately," Floda said. "Now, it's in the public eye."

Floda also revealed that "nearly every government agency has a law enforcement arm, which necessarily operates outside the parameters of a layperson's constitutional rights."

WTF?!?!?!?!
If her eyes aren't sparkling, you didn't do it right...

Rani Zemirah

Wow...

And, uhhh... ORWEL?!?  How apropos...  ::)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Captain Jack Wolfe

At the bottom of the article...

(c) 2011. All stories are works of satire and parody.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Rapier Half-Wit

Give that man a cookie! DING! DING! DING! DING!

LMAO

Rapier Half-Wit

However the incident did actually happen; they did invade a home. The DoE is not commenting on the incident yet.

William_MacKean