News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A deeper recession on the Horizon?

Started by DonaCatalina, May 04, 2011, 03:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoBill Lurker

Well I've been trying to help bring back men wearing hats.

I've been wearing my Derby every day for the past 6 years, but it seems to be taking longer than I had hoped... ::) ;D
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

arbcoind

@SirRichard:  Just to get a glimpse of Kaufmann's window!  Yes, I was all of 5 at the time and we took a bus from Westmoreland County.  Unheard of now.

Gina

Rapier Half-Wit

If I may contribute my 2c to the topic;

Lets not forget another salient point, leading to the demise of this country; inflation. Since the 1913 inception of the Federal Reserve, and the disconnecting of our currency from the gold standard, thereby leaving us with a true fiat currency, this gives Congress the arbitrary ability to have the Federal Reserve print more and more and more cash ("inflating" the volume of currency) making the money, truly, "worth less". That dollar bill in your pocket is now worth 3c, compared to the 1913 dollar.

Our money is literally broken. We are 3c away from living with hyper-inflation. The moment that happens, the world banks will remove from the United States, our world reserve currency status (most likely giving it to China), instantly making us a 3rd world nation, and 14 trillion dollars in debt.

I can't think of a worse nightmare, that of my kids living in a 3rd world nation.
If her eyes aren't sparkling, you didn't do it right...