News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What not to miss

Started by Gauwyn of Bracknell, May 07, 2011, 08:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

This will be our first visit to this faire and will only be there Saturday.  Easy question  ??? what food, drink, shows or shopping should we NOT miss??

Grammercy!!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lady Renee Buchanan

We went 2 years ago and enjoyed 3 Pints Gone and Elvendrums.

We're going back over Memorial Weekend, so please post when you get back to let us know if there's anything else we shouldn't miss!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

guinea

Don't miss Musical Blades, 3 Pints Gone, or the King's Sing! Also, be sure to get a lemon shake-up (across from the blacksmith's, great for rehydrating), and be sure to try a pie from the bakers (I recommend rhubarb!). There is excellent cottage pie, bangers & mash, and fish & chips at the food vendor back by the Rogue's Wharf stage.

Guinea

Amyj

I couldn't even begin to weed out the must sees...too many!!!  ;D  So I will make a point of attempting to locate you  on Saturday (Or you find us...remember Hawaiian print garb...yes, seriously  :D ) and we will help show you around and point out some of OUR favorites!  Yay, only 6-ish days left!!!!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Butch

We went for the first time last year.  Agree with Musical Blades, 3 Pints Gone, and the Kings Sing.  And so many generous people from this board are there (or were there last year!)

My schedule only allows me to be there on Memorial Day (Monday) this year.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Butch on May 08, 2011, 09:47:04 PM
We went for the first time last year.  Agree with Musical Blades, 3 Pints Gone, and the Kings Sing.  And so many generous people from this board are there (or were there last year!)

My schedule only allows me to be there on Memorial Day (Monday) this year.

Musical Blades was the other group that played in Pirates cove at KCRF - corrent?

Where is the King's Sing? (I presume at the end of the day?)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

Yes, it was Musical Blades and the Jolly Rogers.  The Musical Blades were more at the end of the lane with the path continuing up the hill to the left.  The Jolly Rogers were at the stage on the side of the lane.

The King Sing I went to was very nice!  It was MC'd by Bill from 3 Pints Gone and Chuey from the Musical Blades.  YES, at the end of the day!

guinea

King's Sing will be located on the Rogue Wharf stage, the one that looks like a ship at the back of the faire. Musical Blades will also be located there throughout the day.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: guinea on May 10, 2011, 10:22:43 AM
King's Sing will be located on the Rogue Wharf stage, the one that looks like a ship at the back of the faire. Musical Blades will also be located there throughout the day.

I see the Musical Blades have their last show right before the sing - I know where we will be .
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Felix Marchant

Speaking for the cast of the St. Louis Renaissance Faire we look forward to seeing you all there this year!  And I will keep a special eye out for you!

Felix Marchant
Tax Collector - Petit Lyon

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Felix Marchant on May 10, 2011, 10:06:07 PM
Speaking for the cast of the St. Louis Renaissance Faire we look forward to seeing you all there this year!  And I will keep a special eye out for you!

Felix Marchant
Tax Collector - Petit Lyon

Taxes? We don;t need no stinking taxes! :)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

Oh, you WILL pay your taxes!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Butch on May 11, 2011, 09:19:54 PM
Oh, you WILL pay your taxes!

But I am an Earl and we do not pay taxes!! (even though my Earldom is so small it has only 1 side, which has now shrunk to a point!)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Tamtaro

So what did everyone see?  There were lots of acts to choose from!  I picked 3 Pints Gone, Musical Blades, Molotov, Elvendrums & Corsets & Codpieces.  The latter being the "see something new" pick - they performed Green Eggs & Hamlet.  They Seussified Shakespeare and it turned out pretty funny.  The Jugged Fish was closed (hot foods down in the piratey area), but Arrbucks had hot drinks!  Definitely appreciated!  (and the tax collector didn't get me...this time!)

act2redux

I love all of those...and I believe that Mooney is going to be there Memorial weekend!