News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Ticket info!

Started by Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard, May 09, 2011, 08:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Anyone who plans on a trip to MDRF this season please read their new ticket sales info,things have changed BIG time! They could possibly sell out on your visiting day and you won't get in. So read their new policy and make plans to purchase soon.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

mehan

wow  thanks for the heads up.  For a non-fairever person such as myself, who travels a "fur piece" this was extremely helpful to know.  You are the bestest 

Pinn

I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Capt. Morgan

Quote from: mehan on May 09, 2011, 10:14:59 AM
wow  thanks for the heads up.  For a non-fairever person such as myself, who travels a "fur piece" this was extremely helpful to know.  You are the bestest 

Whew! Glad you saw this Mehan. Since you are my private Social Secretary, I knew you would want to have this info!  ;)
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Lady Kett

Fascinating. Not sure if it's good or bad, but definitely fascinating. I'm curious what the locals think? And curiosity is killing me - is MD the first faire to do or try this, or do others do this also?

THIS IS "MY" THOUGHTS AND OPINION! A $40.00 increase in fairever passes? I expected a increase,but $40.00? Then to limit the number of tickets to be sold each day? We have a very large walk up in the early evening. I have never heard of this being done before but then I've never been to a large amount of faires. I guess they are trying to controll the crowds.I would imagine people are going to be pissed when they find out the new policy.They will come to faire only to learn they can't get on the parking lot because there are no tickets for sale.I'm glad I purchase a Fairever pass,from another view it does get so stinking crowded in there some days that you can hardly move.I guess that will change. Say a prayer for us that all goes well and everything works out well.I'm sooo excited about faire starting in August,I think we have a incredible faire and look forward to it every year. Just my thoughts. By the way. . . miss you and Bob!
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Lady Kett

Quote from: LADY JOYCE ANN on May 10, 2011, 03:37:59 PM
miss you and Bob!

Miss you too! I got 2 new feathery hats and Bob says upon first seeing them...<drum roll>...you look just like Joyce Ann! :)

Well thats a good thing,right? Post pictures of your new hats.
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

xanatos

I'm not exactly sure what to think either.

I've been to quite a few different faires and I've never seen the idea that they might "sell out" for the day.

On one hand, I'd like to see what the management considers a "sell out" in terms of how crowded it is since I don't enjoy myself as much when it's super crowded. But also I think there are plenty of people that show up without checking the website for information such as themed weekends or special guests. They'll show up because it's a nice day and aren't going to find it "convenient" or "time saving" if they get turned away due to it being sold out.

LadySeasan

That's what I am trying to figure out also, what is the number at which they would be considered sold out?
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

xanatos

Quote from: GoodyTombShoes on May 17, 2011, 09:48:23 AM
How are they counting the season passes and the ticket sales before the day? Is it safe to say that if you don't online purchase tickets that you can't even get into the parking lot to buy tickets? It just seems confusing and while I understand the reasoning behind it, I'm lost as to how they can implement it without losing a lot of customers.

I suspect it would be highly unlikely that they'll sell out any one day through online ticket sales alone.

Reading into the announcement further how are they going to handle "group sales"?
QuoteAll the past categories of tickets are planned to be offered and each ticket will be specific to a particular date of the show with the exception that Fairever Passes will be valid each day of the season purchased and Two Day Passes will be valid with the customer selecting the dates of use right up to the date of choice as long as tickets are still available

I remember my father used to be able to purchase group discounted tickets through his employer. So, now people are suppsoed to pick which exact day they are buying their "group sale" tickets for? I know they said they will have more information as this feature comes online but definitley seems confusing right now.

Lady Catharine

You're kidding..right? A 40.00 INCREASE!!!

NFW>>>>
'A feast is made for laughter,
and wine maketh merry'

Master James

My guess on why these changes is they got tagged by the Fire Marshall and told to limit the number of people.  Only reason I can see in doing this.  And given that, they hiked the ticket prices to compensate.  Nothing else makes sense but as I said, this is only a guess on my part, there is no fact here at all.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady_Glorianna

Prices had not increased in a long while. As we all know, nowadays everything is going up. Still, daily entrance just went up a dollar (it was 18 last year). I do think that Master James may be correct. The fire marshal is no friend of the fair so it would not surprise me if this suposition was true. Note that I am not confirming anything as I actually do not know anything! I do not have a contract this year either. Still can't say if I am attending this year or not.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Amras Elfwine

Now, if we could just get them to turned the darned software on... 8)
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel