News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Mock Faire Day

Started by Aaroncois, May 10, 2011, 07:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaroncois

irish

irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Aaroncois

Just a reminder that, as far as I know, this is Thursday. If the weather's half-decent, my kids and I will be heading up in the morning and hanging out till around 3.

MMario

I'll probably be at the archery booth working on setup and check out of the weapons most of the day - but I'm not garbing.

Aaroncois

Quote from: MMario on July 05, 2011, 07:38:22 AM
I'll probably be at the archery booth working on setup and check out of the weapons most of the day - but I'm not garbing.

Cool! The weather's looking good, so we should be there for sure. We'll try to stop over and say hi!

Ozium

I may be there, but not in garb for the first part of the day as i will be working.
Hopefully i can stay the rest of the day and play.
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

Xantrawler

Won't be there, both of us have to work. Weeellllll if I get a run to Rochester we could make a slight detour. So, if you see an ambulance pull up with the lights going think nothing of it, it will be just me. Best thing for the patient, a little touch of Warwick

Duchess Marguerite

Quote from: Aaroncois on July 02, 2011, 10:01:07 AM
Just a reminder that, as far as I know, this is Thursday. If the weather's half-decent, my kids and I will be heading up in the morning and hanging out till around 3.

Although Colorado (Larkspur) is our home faire, we have travelled over 1800 miles to make it to our favorite faire...Sterling. We were so excited to hear about mock-faire day which would give us an extra opportunity to spend more time at Sterling this week/weekend.  So, do the playtrons that attend mock-faire usually come in garb?  What time is best to arrive?  Is mock faire day definitely on Thursday?  We're planning on attending in garb but have a good hour and a half drive (to get there), so it'll certainly make for a miserable day if we get all garbed-up, make the trip there, only to be turned away.  Can anyone else confirm that Thursday is "THE DAY" for sure?  Can't wait until opening day!!

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: Xantrawler on July 05, 2011, 04:55:17 PM
Won't be there, both of us have to work. Weeellllll if I get a run to Rochester we could make a slight detour. So, if you see an ambulance pull up with the lights going think nothing of it, it will be just me. Best thing for the patient, a little touch of Warwick

ROFL ! That is quite  the detour !
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Lady Amy of York

Lady Ana Francesca ...Welcome to Sterling ! I hopw you will enjoy your visit to our  shire ! :)
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Ozium

Hello Lady Anna, yes by all means come in garb, and bring food and water also !

Thae day is run pretty much as a regular faire day 10am till 6-7pm.
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

irish

Lady Ana.....welcome ~back~ to Sterling!
I am sorry that I will not be able to be there this weekend, but I am sure Lady Amy, if she sees you, will greet you warmly!
Drive safely!
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Duchess Marguerite

Quote from: Lady Amy of York on July 05, 2011, 10:48:25 PM
Lady Ana Francesca ...Welcome to Sterling ! I hopw you will enjoy your visit to our  shire ! :)
Thank you Lady Amy! I am certain we will enjoy our visit. It feels like "home" to us.  The playtrons and cast are so welcoming, it's just incredible!  There are so many other wonderful things about your shire that I have no room to list them all, I am just so grateful to be only 4 days away from opening day!!

Quote from: irish on July 05, 2011, 10:55:42 PM
Lady Ana.....welcome ~back~ to Sterling!
I am sorry that I will not be able to be there this weekend, but I am sure Lady Amy, if she sees you, will greet you warmly!
Drive safely!

Thank you for your kind wishes.  I look forward to meeting Lady Amy this weekend and am sorry to hear you won't be there.
Quote from: Ozium on July 05, 2011, 10:48:45 PM

Huzzah!!!  We will be there (and in garb).  Thank you for the food and water recommendations!!  It certainly would not be good to forget either one!

Aaroncois

Quote from: Ozium on July 05, 2011, 10:48:45 PM

Huzzah!!!  We will be there (and in garb).  Thank you for the food and water recommendations!!  It certainly would not be good to forget either one!

Yeah, that's an important reminder. There's nothing to eat or drink there on MFD. Usually I'd suggest printing out and bringing a copy of the faire schedule so you'll know where to go when, but it doesn't seem to be up on the festival's website. My three kids and I will be there for sure. We'll keep an eye out for you!

Xantrawler

Lady Ana, looking forward to seeing you opening day. Don't be shy and introduce yourself to us. I will be the one in the Robin Hood hat and staff (Not as big as Scott's staff, but still a wooden staff.) My lady will have a black bodice with red embroidered wings on the back. We love meeting new people. And I am safe and even more innocent than Lady Amy and Irish.