News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Looking for a vendor from TRF..

Started by xed, April 09, 2012, 08:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xed

So I'd really like to find out if there's a way to get in touch with whoever it is who sells the blank books at TRF...or something similar, if anyone has any leads.  If I remember correctly, there were variations on leather- and wooden-bound books, scrolls, etc.  Maybe the same shop that had the calligraphy supplies?

I've been needing a nice tome to keep my brewing recipes in, and I'd really like to see if it's possible to get something like this in the off-season. 

Every year, I stop by the shop and nose about, wishing I had a use for an empty book.  And then, every year, Spring rolls around and I crack open the mead closet and blow the dust off the carboys only to search frantically for the tiny scraps of paper on which I've jotted my notes, thinking "If only I had a blank book that I could easily identify on my bookshelf!"

...I am ashamed that it took this long to put together.
oops.

Zardoz

"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

xed

;D thanks!

[Edit]: lol almost everything on their website is listed out of stock.
oops.

Bonny Pearl

Try email and see if you can pre-order.  They may do that.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

KiltedPrivateer

Xed, my father works for a guy who puts those books together.  I'll see if I can find the web address for ya.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

xed

oops.

SirRichardBear

They have a shop up at Scarby if your visiting there Its over by the peg leg stage.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

xed

I really do want to go to Scarby, and I'm making an effort to be there on the last weekend, but I'm really not sure.  I've never been, and I've got a hiatus coming up at work, so let's see what happens...
oops.