News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2011 - Who? When? Where?

Started by LadyJessica, May 15, 2011, 04:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zardoz

thanks to my 'variable' work schedule, and the fact that I'm taking off December 3-4 for Dickens on the Strand, I will be out tomorrow, 11/5, :)  but likely no more this season. :(

See ya'   
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

Breandan

Barring any issues, we will be out next weekend, the weekend of the 12th, though whether we are camping or daytripping is unknown. Since this is our anniversary weekend, it'll just be Tiff and I... well, Impending Doom II, but she's kinda inside Tiff, so not much choice there :D
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Jean Pierre Dewell

Me and mylady will be there next week in my full musketeer form! Will be our first time at the faire and to TX can't wait!!
Jean Pierre Dewell
Royal Musketeer
All for One and One for All!!
LONG LIVE THE MUSKETEERS!!

maevri316

Hi all!  I'm brand new to the forum, but I have to say I have found all of these topics so helpful!  My boyfriend camped out there last year and this year I get to go!!  We will be out there Nov 11-13, and I wanted to make sure the area we're thinking about camping in isn't claimed. 

Last year they camped in the D1-D3 area, and that's where he would like to camp again.  Some questions I have about this area:  How close are the port-a-privies? How noisy is it in that area?  Are there clans that claim that area?  We are going to get there around 1 or 2pm Friday (we have to make a pit stop at the Czech Stop).  We aren't set on that area, but we want a place semi-close to the faire that's away from the super loud parties. 

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to meeting you fine people next weekend!!

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: maevri316 on November 05, 2011, 12:41:56 PM
Hi all!  I'm brand new to the forum, but I have to say I have found all of these topics so helpful!  My boyfriend camped out there last year and this year I get to go!!  We will be out there Nov 11-13, and I wanted to make sure the area we're thinking about camping in isn't claimed. 

Last year they camped in the D1-D3 area, and that's where he would like to camp again.  Some questions I have about this area:  How close are the port-a-privies? How noisy is it in that area?  Are there clans that claim that area?  We are going to get there around 1 or 2pm Friday (we have to make a pit stop at the Czech Stop).  We aren't set on that area, but we want a place semi-close to the faire that's away from the super loud parties. 

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to meeting you fine people next weekend!!

I personally don't know of any clans in that area.  Pretty sure that is a true, first come / first claimed area.  I believe there are privies right next to the road in that area.  Noise however, depends on if any undesirables camp near you.  That is one of those out of the way places that they like to set up and wreak havoc.  I have no idea what the population of the camp ground will be next weekend, and that will determine your likelihood of staying somewhat quiet.

Getting it that early on a Friday, you should find plenty of open land to claim.

Hope y'all have a great weekend out there (o:
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Riot

Lerxst and I are a maybe for Closing. It is still in the "talking" stage. I've always wanted to go that weekend since they started since I would be during my Birthday (this year it is Saturday). We would be tenting it, however I have no idea where yet if we make it.
"I'm sweet, innocent, virginal, and full of all things goodness and light"

LadyJessica

Quote from: Riot on November 05, 2011, 08:09:46 PM
Lerxst and I are a maybe for Closing. It is still in the "talking" stage. I've always wanted to go that weekend since they started since I would be during my Birthday (this year it is Saturday). We would be tenting it, however I have no idea where yet if we make it.

The hubby and I are coming out with Mama Terri that weekend.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Riot

Quote from: LadyJessica on November 06, 2011, 09:23:16 AM
Quote from: Riot on November 05, 2011, 08:09:46 PM

The hubby and I are coming out with Mama Terri that weekend.

Yeah it is just depending on money really.
"I'm sweet, innocent, virginal, and full of all things goodness and light"

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

We'll be there Saturday afternoon through Sunday...  ;D
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Yrose

I'm thinking we will be there closing Saturday.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

brier patch charlie

I be there closing, camped in the same spot as I was for AHE! The way it sounds looks like I might just be the only one!
Charles Coleman

eloquentXI

Quote from: brier patch charlie on November 07, 2011, 03:08:58 PM
I be there closing, camped in the same spot as I was for AHE! The way it sounds looks like I might just be the only one!

Speaking of which, I have one of your tent stakes. Found it on Sunday while we were packing up!
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

maeven

It's looking like we will be there on the 20th, and it is going to be the last for the season.  :'( On the upside, I get to show my brother and his ladypal around faire again, which will be kinda neat. So it's like, we'll be there, but we won't be seen a bunch because we'll be showing our guests around. LOL.
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

KiltedPrivateer

Jess - Just looked at the list for closing, Myself and Lady Kitara will be at Camp Procrastination for closing weekend.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

River Afton

Ok, may or may not be daytripping this weekend. Will keep y'all posted.  :-\